• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro build-up thread

Jabbawolf

Reaction score
On holiday in Whitby with gf - lots of Boro fans here! Seems too good an opportunity to miss as it's just up the road.

Does anybody know if you can pay at the gate for away (or home at worst), and where Wolves fans will be drinking before?

We are calling in to Darlo then Boro on the 5-30 train. Will in box you to let you know where we're drinking. Enjoy Whitby, beautiful place

Does anybody know if you can pay at the gate for away (or home at worst),

Wolves Twitter account on Friday said there will be Pay on the Gate for Wolves fans

Edit:
Wolves @OfficialWolves · Apr 10
Boro have also confirmed pay on the night. However, it will be cash only at the Riverside Stadium.

Wolves Twitter account on Friday said there will be Pay on the Gate for Wolves fans

Edit:
Wolves @OfficialWolves · Apr 10
Boro have also confirmed pay on the night. However, it will be cash only at the Riverside Stadium.

Wicked!

I will be leaving Wakefield at about 4:00pm

Will we keep going as we are or bring Edwards in for Dicko for this one?

I'd stick with 4-4-2 Dicko and Afobe to start, unless fitness is an issue?

We need to have a go at Boro, they are a good side but if they concede they don't have a lot going forward to score lots of goals (famous last words...)

Very excited about a game 25mins up the road!

Mike, will text ya regarding Tuesday

I'd make one change in personnel for Tuesday and a change of formation.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Stearman Hause

Henry Price McDonald

Dicko Afobe Sako​

First of all I'm not happy with Golbourne vs Adomah if he's going to play as poorly as he did vs Blues. Second, I don't like Sako playing as deep as he is in a 4-4-2. He's wasted there and when it goes bad like it did yesterday he puts us in all sorts of trouble. Henry is more than capable of playing in that role, if not then bring Edwards in. Wouldn't be a true 4-3-3 as Sako is obviously going to drop in behind and Henry is going to drift forward.

Nervous about this one. We strolled past Boro at Molineux, can't see it being so easy twice in a season. Also, Adomah had Rowe on toast in the reverse fixture, if we keep Golbourne in for this one he's going to have a hell of a game on Tuesday.

What on earth is your beef with Golbourne?!! You post as if Rowe is better than him there.

I don't think that 433 would work either, I'd rather have Evans in midfield if we play like that.

What on earth is your beef with Golbourne?!! You post as if Rowe is better than him there.

I don't think that 433 would work either, I'd rather have Evans in midfield if we play like that.

Golbourne was worse yesterday than I've ever seen Rowe (or Doherty for that matter) play. He was appalling. This is coming from a huge Scott Golbourne fan. He looked absolutely shot after his fuck up yesterday, he was terrified of the ball/contact and everything he touched went out of play. It was like he was playing on a slope. If Tuesday comes too quick for him to recover from that then we'd be stupid to play him vs one of the best wingers in the league.

I'd rather have Evans in there as well but I think that's clearly not going to happen. Henry is perfectly capable of playing there, most of his best play yesterday (and for the last few weeks) was when he drifted inside and picked the ball up from Price/McDonald.

Ikeme

Henry Price McDonald

Dicko Afobe Sako​

First of all I'm not happy with Golbourne vs Adomah if he's going to play as poorly as he did vs Blues. Second, I don't like Sako playing as deep as he is in a 4-4-2. He's wasted there and when it goes bad like it did yesterday he puts us in all sorts of trouble. Henry is more than capable of playing in that role, if not then bring Edwards in. Wouldn't be a true 4-3-3 as Sako is obviously going to drop in behind and Henry is going to drift forward.

Nervous about this one. We strolled past Boro at Molineux, can't see it being so easy twice in a season. Also, Adomah had Rowe on toast in the reverse fixture, if we keep Golbourne in for this one he's going to have a hell of a game on Tuesday.

Watching Boro recently it was noticeable how they struggled when faced with teams who pressed them high up the pitch so maybe Wolves could employ the same tactic. More and more sides seem to be using a front three as a first line of defence. Win the ball early and your in for a chance on goal, prevent them playing out from the back and you take the strain off your midfield.

Ikeme

Henry Price McDonald

Dicko Afobe Sako​

He really didn't.

I would play the same side tonight as against the blues. Think dropping Goldbourne after one mistake will destroy his confidence - hoping we take the game to Boro and score early on to calm everyone's nerves!

Fully expecting a 3-0 defeat tonight..so anything other than defeat is a bonus tonight

Got a feeling we're going to nick this tonight - 2-1

Have had this down as a certain loss in my head for a while, but I also thought the Birmingham game was a certain win, so... idk.

Nil-nil draw?

Back