• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Carabao Cup 3rd Round

100% playing Ruddy and a mixture of kids and hardly used players in this game.

Can we make sure we put them in the Steve Bull lower just for the Lolz?

Well, that's as dull as dishwater. There's every chance I'll give that a miss...although someone could use my normal seat and fart on it. Decisions, decisions.

Subs bench plus Sanderson, Jordao and a couple of others I reckon. Coady will probably still play and possibly Bennett.

Subs bench plus Sanderson, Jordao and a couple of others I reckon. Coady will probably still play and possibly Bennett.

Can see Bennett playing as I reckon Vallejo replaces him in the first XI before too long.

Ruddy

Sanderson - Vallejo - Kilman

Doherty - Jordao - Saiss - Vinagre

MGW

Cutrone - Neto

Sanderson won't play in a back 3 will he? Coady will play, never misses a game

Ruddy

Sanderson - Vallejo - Kilman

Doherty - Jordao - Saiss - Vinagre

MGW

Cutrone - Neto

Perfect draw and that team looks good to me.

Should definitely be too strong for Reading, especially at home.

Happy to be mediocre in the league (doing enough to avoid a relegation scrap) but would love to win some silverware this season. Carabao cup is as good as any

Struggling to care tbh. I hope we play the U23's plus Ruddy

A lot nearer a final in this than we will be in the third round of the FA Cup. If we get past Reading we might show an interest. Europa is far more important though.

Beat reading and get a favourable tie in the following round and it would be quite exciting. Under Nuno I have every faith that we will always be in with a shout in cup games (whatever team we put out)

At home, playing the bench plus a couple should be enough to get through. It’s not like our squad players aren’t playing regularly, they are all involved.

Years gone by when a change 11 was their first game of the season is now a thing of the past. Plus the quality of the back up is much higher.

I thought we had nothing past our first eleven except a couple of kids and some Mendes stooges?

Can't understand people not caring about this. We are four games from a Wembley final, with a very winnable game to start off with. I may not play a full first team in this, but no way would I play a team of kids.

Not for me, play the kids.

We just have bigger fish to fry this season with a squad that is fragile at best. We can always focus on the FA cup again next year if we don't make it into the knockouts of the EL (providing we qualify tonight, obviously).

Can't understand people not caring about this. We are four games from a Wembley final, with a very winnable game to start off with. I may not play a full first team in this, but no way would I play a team of kids.

Agreed, one of our best chances to get back to Europe. In with a realistic (albeit outside) chance of winning the competition.

If we get through tonight, I'd put Europe well ahead as a priority. If not, then potentially a stronger team without being full strength.

we win tonight, we gain 6 extra games in Europe between now and December. The League Cup goes to the very back of the line of important games for us i'm afraid. Lose tonight and we can throw everything at it.

Back