• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 18/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Fuck knows after last night. Hardly anyone did anything to advance their case.

--------------------Ikeme---------------------

Coady--------Batth------Williamson-------Hause

-------------Price--------Saiss------------------

--------Costa------Ronan-------Weimann-------

--------------------Dicko-------------------------

Subs: Burgoyne, Stearman, Doherty, Edwards, Gibbs-White, Enobakhare, Bodvarsson

Dicko in purely as we'll be playing exclusively on the break, I don't expect him to score. Mason isn't the answer to our problems.

Your guess is as good as anyone's especially after last night.

As much as i would like Saiss to play, we prob get some bull that he not match fit or something.

Agree with that front 4 and I can see Saville appearing.

Defence is anyone's guess.

Wouldn't mind that selection Deutsch, at least it would look to pass the ball.

I think he'll pick the same team as at Liverpool - Ikeme on the bench, of course, with maybe Williamson for Batth. We're likely to get dicked anyway, so might as well give those who got us here some TV time.

Assuming he's not acting like a nob, I think it's time to bring Iorfa back they'll probably have Ake and Loftus Cheek on that side, so we'll need pace. Hause has never convinced me at left back, so I guess that means Doherty vs Willian. Williamson at centre half for the rest of the season fitness permitting, toss a coin for who plays alongside him I think I'd give Hause first go. Edwards has dried up and looks knackered so his usefulness has ended, give him a week off. Ronan looks like the type of number 10 we've been crying out for, play him there so he can play his little touches and reverse balls in an area that can hurt the opposition. Give Gibbs White a chance in his natural position in midfield.
Ikeme
Iorfa
Williamson
Hause
Doherty
Price
Gibbs White (no point me choosing Saiss)
Costa
Ronan
Weimann
Dicko

Central midfield could be too lightweight, but do we really want to see Evans, Saville, Coady or Edwards instead?

Assuming he's not acting like a nob, I think it's time to bring Iorfa back they'll probably have Ake and Loftus Cheek on that side, so we'll need pace. Hause has never convinced me at left back, so I guess that means Doherty vs Willian. Williamson at centre half for the rest of the season fitness permitting, toss a coin for who plays alongside him I think I'd give Hause first go. Edwards has dried up and looks knackered so his usefulness has ended, give him a week off. Ronan looks like the type of number 10 we've been crying out for, play him there so he can play his little touches and reverse balls in an area that can hurt the opposition. Give Gibbs White a chance in his natural position in midfield.
Ikeme
Iorfa
Williamson
Hause
Doherty
Price
Gibbs White (no point me choosing Saiss)
Costa
Ronan
Weimann
Costa
Dicko

Central midfield could be too lightweight, but do we really want to see Evans, Saville, Coady or Edwards instead?

The extra Costa might help.

Their side versus Brentford was:
Begovic; Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Pedro, Chalobah, Fabregas, Ake; Willian, Batshuayi, Loftus-Cheek. That's a Top 8 PL side a world of difference from Liverpool's second team and a disinterested Stoke one

I just want to see Price and Saiss play together. 2 men who can tackle and pass the ball, is it so much to ask?

Coady needs dropping, so does Edwards.

I think Saiss is done at Wolves. Would love to be wrong but he is currently classed as being not as good as George Saville.

He will be playing in France again next season.

I just want to see Price and Saiss play together. 2 men who can tackle and pass the ball, is it so much to ask?

Coady needs dropping, so does Edwards.
Saiss played 4 games in 2 weeks a fortnight ago in a country a 9 hour flight away and in a one hour time zone difference, it's much too early to bring him back.

I think Saiss is done at Wolves. Would love to be wrong but he is currently classed as being not as good as George Saville.

He will be playing in France again next season.

How could anyone in football come to the conclusion that Saiss is not as good as George Saville, mind blowing.

How could anyone in football come to the conclusion that Saiss is not as good as George Saville, mind blowing.
It is staggering but I think he has been put in the corner for being one of the cast of Ben Hur we didn't need. Like Prince & Tex. So banished not on talent but on circumstances.

Now I've said all that he will start on Saturday and become a key player.....

I hope he isn't sidelined. Far too good a player for us to be that fussy.

If it happens I will utterly and completely blame fucking Thelwell.

It is staggering but I think he has been put in the corner for being one of the cast of Ben Hur we didn't need. Like Prince & Tex. So banished not on talent but on circumstances.

Now I've said all that he will start on Saturday and become a key player.....

I would always wonder what Saiss and like minded players such as Price and Ronan working together in midfield triangles could add to a Wolves team currently bereft of intelligence and midfield creativity.

Lambert's call if he plays or not

Saiss and Prince cost us circa £5m and have both been effectively binned off after less than half a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back