• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 1-3 Wolves: The Verdict

Donck motm, I haven't been as impressed with him as some on here but today he was awesome.

Calm it Garth.
a00acbdaadf077565fd95773ad3247b0.jpg

Off the Grand Old Team forum

"Mate you're not all that.

You have a parasitic way of playing that will soon get found out.

Well organised yes definately.. Forward thinking , absolutely not."

I don't even know where to start ?

Unfortunately as we eclipse and overtake some of the established teams, there will be supporters who will think like that.

Just today a Leicester fan said to me "Well done Wolves. You’ll not get our true respect, full of supporters of a team who won the league on pure team spirit and skill; whilst you loan your way to Europe, mind."

I pointed out we currently have ONE loan player in our entire squad.

Last edited:
We have a saying in Portugal: "dor de cotovelo é fodida". Literally meaning "elbow pain is fucked". The secondary meaning of the expression "elbow pain" is jealousy.

All the Everton fans I spoke to yesterday before and after the match were complimentary.

Unfortunately as we eclipse and overtaken some of the established teams, there will be supporters who will think like that.

Just today a Leicester fan said to me "Well done Wolves. You’ll not get our true respect, full of supporters of a team who won the league on pure team spirit and skill; whilst you loan your way to Europe, mind."

I pointed out we currently have ONE loan player in our entire squad.
The same number as Leicester had when they won th PL.

Always have a look through the press images after a match.

I wonder what the caption for this is?

B0197496-1600-4-B85-B171-EDB4-E316-AF0-B.jpg

See that other Portuguese manager? He's the one who thought we were beneath him a couple of years ago

That was incredible yesterday, possibly my favourite day of the season so far. I had a feeling we would do a job on them as they are a mess at the minute, but even if they were in good form I still think that would've happened.

Lets not talk about being as good as Chelsea/Arsenal because we are not, in my opinion. Let's just enjoy this and see where we end up. 7th would be an amazing achievement which we can build on next season. CmoN!!

See that André Gomes there. Jorge tells me we can get him on the cheap next year for our bench.

Well I am becoming almost royalty here in the village. They have known for years I am a wolves supporter but with the prem on Greek satellite TV they are all going crazy for the wolves. And not just that we win, they love the style of football fast, one touch, and going forward all the time. We have a new pack starting , and this one has cypro!!

Last edited:

Yeah, the man who created the second goal cost us 5m, the man who scored the first goal cost us 15 m the man who scored the third is 12 m and Raul is going to cost us 30m. How much did you pay for Richarlison and Pickford?

Great game yesterday and a deserved win. Jimenez such a good allround player..works hard, runs in channels, holds up the ball, not afraid to shoot, good in the air etc..would like to mention Dendoncker too, he has been good in every game i have seen. But nobody was bad for me, we are definately scoring more goals with jota up there also

Tremendous performance all round.
I had 1-3 and cashed out as I was sure we would score another.
Delirious right now my local was bursting into song last night the Albion supporting owners took it well though!

12 games form.jpg
hopefully if this picture works it is the form since the tweek of the system and we are still 7th but this
shows we sre tracking the top teams more closely we could concievably get sixty points

That table is 12 games (goes back to Cardiff, when we were still wedded to 3-4-3). Chelsea is when we first changed it, 11 games, we're running at exactly 2 points a game over that period - the same as Chelsea (4th) have managed over the whole season.

This run since the change in formation has been absolutely exceptional. Proper top six form, possibly even top four form. Obviously, without the poor run in November, or even turning that to just reasonable form rather than a points drought, we would be right there with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United. We look a far better outfit than the Burnley that finished 7th last season.

This is the start of the journey. And it is bloody exciting to say the least.

That table is 12 games (goes back to Cardiff, when we were still wedded to 3-4-3). Chelsea is when we first changed it, 11 games, we're running at exactly 2 points a game over that period - the same as Chelsea (4th) have managed over the whole season.

Thanks mate!
my bad i thought i could count lol, so the pictures even better than I thought. This is mighty encouraging

Looking back over the last ten years the lowest number of points for a team finishing 7th in the Prem is 53: the highest is 64. If Leicester win today they'll be three points behind us and 2 points a game would then take them to 61. Realistically, I think around 58 points should do it this year, and I see no reason why we can't get 20 points from our last 13 games. Two years ago this weekend we lost 2-1 to Burton Albion. What a revolution...

Back