• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-player/manager you most despise

Saunders
Hoddle
Christophe Berra

I know not everyone will agree with the last one, but for me he summed up our inadequacies in the premier league with his complete absence of technique, composure and footballing ability.

Saunders
Hoddle
Docherty
Halford
Rohan Ricketts
I want to put Seyi in because he used to drive me fucking insane. However it impossible to have that level of dislike against one of the genuine good guys. It is like beating a puppy.

I've gone for disliked while here rather than disliked after or because of the way they left therefore ruling out Kightly, McIndoe, Davies, Camara etc. I've also not picked anyone simply for being out of their depth or shit.

In order:

Docherty
Hoddle
Anderton
Paul Jones, goalie version
Claridge

Glenn Hoddle and Dean Saunders... I would push both these cunts off a cliff.

And David Kelly for stopping Bully celebrating in front of the Brummie Road end after Bully scored the opening goal. Ficking kill joy cunt. Never wanted to be at Wolves only here for the money. I remember him nearly purposely missing the one on the line against the Albion that one year... Never liked the cunt.

Not for his goalkeeping but Mick Stowell is right up his own arse - "hey girls do you want a drink I'm the Wolves goalkeeper"

I'm rather thankful that I don't think I've ever been pushed over into the hate category for any Wolves players or managers. Sure, I've disliked some people, but no-one involved with Wolves has ever quite pissed me off to the same level as footballers I really can't stand as human beings (Barton or Suarez, for example).

I think despise is the wrong word to use. Though there are a few people I wish had not been connected with our wonderful football club.

Top of the pile by a country mile are the Bhatti Brothers. Others I would have preferred not to have been at Molineux are:

Tommy Docherty
Alan Boswell
Sammy Chapman
Steve Stoutt
Joe Gallagher
Steve Claridge

Alan Sunderland for two reasons. Firstly, when playing right back at Highbury, losing the ball just over the half way line when we were 1-0 up and not being bothered to even jog back as Arsenal ran off and scored. (We lost 2-1 which help get us relegated). Secondly, for joining Arsenal.

I think despise is the wrong word to use. Though there are a few people I wish had not been connected with our wonderful football club.

Top of the pile by a country mile are the Bhatti Brothers. Others I would have preferred not to have been at Molineux are:

Tommy Docherty
Alan Boswell
Sammy Chapman
Steve Stoutt
Joe Gallagher
Steve Claridge

What did Sammy Chapman do to you? Chief Scout promoted to caretaker Manager and hopelessly out of his depth, but hardly his fault. Car crash of a club at the time.
If it's for playing his sons, they weren't the worst on the books then! Campbell had a half decent career after Wolves - well, he played a fair bit anyway.

Ferguson. Always Ferguson.

There was a moment not so long back where he was 'linked' with the manager's job. I was genuinely troubled as to what I would do if he got it. Burn my shirts? Support WBA on principle?! Thank goodness that ship has sailed.

What did Sammy Chapman do to you? Chief Scout promoted to caretaker Manager and hopelessly out of his depth, but hardly his fault. Car crash of a club at the time.
If it's for playing his sons, they weren't the worst on the books then! Campbell had a half decent career after Wolves - well, he played a fair bit anyway.

Exactly. Campbell Chapman got a load a stick at the time, but there was actually a half-decent midfielder in there though not for a side in freefall. Sammy Chapman tried his utter best at all times. He should be commended for his time with us.

As I said I did not dislike any of those I named, I just wish they had not been associated at Wolves. Sammy Chapman was on the scouting staff, and was not brilliant there, yet somehow he got promoted through the ranks. I had no problem with him selecting his sons, I just felt he was totally the wrong choice, and seemed to have little or no idea about how to manage a football club. His team selections were baffling. In our relegation year from division three, we actually went on a run of four or five games unbeaten, and there was just a slight hope that we might avoid the drop. And then I think it was against Plymouth Argyle he made a load of changes and we got hammered, and normal service was resumed. Though as you say the club was in a poor state at the time.

I do not hate anyone, but I rue the day that Tommy Docherty walked into Molineux.

Both really Paul, although to be honest through no fault of his own more the managers that picked him in the main. First time for playing instead of Stowell (see Favourite's thread) second for playing instead of Oakes and destroying the team spirit and any faint hope we had of staying up...I know that was really Dave Jones' fault. Finally for doing the Ayatollah to Cardiff fans. Yes, he was Wales' keeper and so have no problem with him clapping them for their support, but his 'salute' to them was a club not National thing. It pissed me off way more than something like Leon shushing the South Bank

Gave the finger to the South Bank in that game as well (and conceded 30 seconds later).

I hadn't seen a Wolves keeper in such prolonged calamitous form as he was early in 04/05...until Flatfoot Ikeme this season.

Gave the finger to the South Bank in that game as well (and conceded 30 seconds later).

I hadn't seen a Wolves keeper in such prolonged calamitous form as he was early in 04/05...until Flatfoot Ikeme this season.

Nothing Ikeme will do this season will match Paul Jones v Preston, in the season after relegation. I'm sure one of their goals came from a series of crosses and he flapped at every one before they finally decided to stop taking the piss and score (thanks to a sending off though, we got away with a draw in that game)

About four crosses I think! That was a wake up call. I'd been confidently predicting we were going to win the league all summer (I was young then) and then we play like that in our first home game. Made Preston look like Real Madrid until the red card.

A Leon one yard special and Miller in off the bar I believe. DJ only picking Miller because he had to ('he's been on the list and who's come in for him, no-one, says it all') and then acted surprised when Miller turned down our request to come off the list.

Back