• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] West Brom 0-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I got into the Cold Blow Lane End at Milwall when all Wolves fans were banned in Dec 2002. Fanzine guys lent us their ID cards. It was a hell of a date, my idea of romance back then. Probably would still be today if I had any remaining romantic ideas TBH.
In the midst of a run there that nearly did for Dave Jones.

Coventry (H) L 0-2
Millwall (A) D 1-1
Burnley (A) L 1-2
Bradford (H) L 1-2
Derby (H) D 1-1

Was the second time we'd been on an absolutely shit run that season (we got 4 points from 7 games in early autumn).

Left us meandering around in 10th, just above the might of Rotherham and Gillingham.

Had we got battered by Newcastle in the cup - quite possible as they had a decent claim on being the best team in the country behind Man Utd and Arsenal at the time - I reckon he'd have gone.

Well that was interesting yesterday... 😂 What an away end.

Really getting ahead of myself and excited for the prospect of a decent run to Wembley now. Got to do the business against BHA of course and get lucky with the draw

• A 16-year-old held on suspicion of an offensive weapon after he was stopped by officers using Section 60 stop and search powers in a pub before the game.
  • A 29-year-old man arrested for affray after violence in one of the stands.
  • A 24-year-old man arrested for violent disorder after pushing towards officers.
  • A 33-year-old man arrested for violent disorder and assaulting police officers after pushing one officer to the floor and kicking out at another.
  • A 34-year-old man arrested on suspicion of a public order offence after picking up a corner flag and brandishing it as a weapon.
  • A 58-year-old man arrested for assaulting a police officer after throwing punches at officers.
Rashers 5 Gammons 1 😳

Blues fan doing holier than thou. The last time his team played Villa at home one of their fans went on the pitch and belted Grealish
Dunno who the author is but that was 500 words doing the work of 50.

Just asks questions and then fucks off. Waste of time.

Just me or loads of grey boxes in most of those twitter (i think) embeds?

Well the guy has the best defence if/when he goes to court

- Police denied more Wolves fans seats
- If they had given them more then I wouldn't have had to kick shit out of them

Therefore, only person to blame is the police.

CASE CLOSED

Now, onto my personal injury claim...
I have some outstanding parking fines, can you be my barrister?

I've watched plenty of A-League games and that is definitely one thing that is missing , probably due to professional soccer being a relatively new concept and the supporter passion certainly not being as vocal or demonstrative as in mainland Europe.
Black Country Derby wishes it played for a piece of a highway like the F3 Derby.

Blues fan doing holier than thou. The last time his team played Villa at home one of their fans went on the pitch and belted Grealish

All fans of other clubs start the sanctimonious crap when they see stuff like that. Just about every club has something in their past that you can pick out.

The build up to this was a perfect storm really, 12 years with no fans, one club looking to win away for the first time in 28 years the other in a lower division with a point to prove.
Brain dead ticketing policy and the away side winning.
It’s at old firm levels but isn’t far off.
I would fully accept an away fan ban on future fixtures just really isn’t worth the risk.

I would fully accept an away fan ban on future fixtures just really isn’t worth the risk.
I don't understand this.

The away fans did absolutely nothing wrong, why should they be punished? It'd be more logical to ban the home fans!

Also if Wolves fans were banned, the liklihood of Wolves fans in the Albion end actually increases.

Back