• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] Wolves 1-0 Brighton: Verdict Thread

If we were to beat Coventry the Arsenal game would also need rearranging

Yeah good point, I guess we’d play someone the midweek after the fa cup semi in that scenario and the other one midweek after Palace

I would have thought the Arsenal game has a good chance to be moved to a Sunday afternoon Sky slot, so in between Forest and Arsenal would be ok too.

Edit - No you're right April 20th would be the Semi final weekend if we beat Coventry.

Was the last time we played Coventry in a cup game the Venus and Ferguson thunderbastard goals game?

Yep.

We haven't played them that much over the years. No league meetings at all from 1984 to 2001 and only two league games since 2009.

Last time we played them in the league must've been the game at Northampton's ground

Last time we played them in the league must've been the game at Northampton's ground

Yep, 1-1, they scored right near the end, we'd already won the league

Also 1-1 at Molineux and also a late equaliser for them, we gave them 4,500+ tickets for that one and we'll probably have to do so here

One of my very worst predictions was at Highfield Road saying to my mate that Leon Clarke would be our centre forward for years to come.

Not at all. He is a poor quality footballer who has had one golden spell in his time here. That didn't last too long.
So you have written him off. Three games into his return and his golden spell is officially over according to you.
Anyone who has watched football for any serious amount of time will know that he isn't good enough for the Prem. His touch is abysmal and frankly, there are hundreds of footballers who can control a football better than Hwang. He's playing at an elite level and demonstrating qualities far below that level. Who can forget some of our players laughing at him a couple of seasons ago when he failed to control the ball near the touchline?
Who cares if he continues to score at the rate he has this season?
On the plus side, he tries and he gives everything he has got but the fact is, he isn't good enough for a team with top 10 aspirations. So no, I don't think anyone is writing him off after three games at all. He's 28 years of age, played 87 games for us and scored 20 goals.
Better than 1 in 5 which as a forward who's not a number nine isn't terrible at this level. It's probably a record worthy of his price tag.
Time to shift him on and find someone better while his market value is still at a reasonable level. He isn't improving and while he may still have decent good spells in form, his technical ability simply isn't where it needs to be.
Didn't he cost £13m? Improving on him for similar cost is no gimme.
And, all that said, I still like the guy and wish him all the best.
Yeah, sounds like it lol.

The last time I remember going to watch us play against Coventry, SEB missed a last minute penalty.

Hopefully the day/kick off time means I’ll be able to take my son to this one. I presume all the QF ties are televised?

The last time I remember going to watch us play against Coventry, SEB missed a last minute penalty.

Hopefully the day/kick off time means I’ll be able to take my son to this one. I presume all the QF ties are televised?
Yep, well they have been for several years now so fair to assume nothing will change.

Although as I say, bear in mind Cov will have more than the standard away allocation.

Someone put a table up the other day which said we had 6750 tickets available per game after Sths and away support, if you assume that 1k of that is corporate/media and Cov will get 1500 more than normal then that leaves about 4250 for members, plus however many sths don't show

I have to comment about Gross, who I thought acted like a thug.
He is a quality player but he targetted Lemina, first flattening him with the strong shoulder to his chest just outside their area, and then raking Lemina's heel, an action he has got sent off for previously.

He is a quality player but he targetted Lemina, first flattening him with the strong shoulder to his chest just outside their area, and then raking Lemina's heel, an action he has got sent off for previously.
I didn't realise he was responsible for both fouls, they were both cynical.

They’re excellent at riding the line, as it were. Especially their CBs. And, yes, Groß (his shirt does have “Gross” but I thought for sure it was one of those German characters? Unimportant I suppose) yesterday as well.

Back