• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Third Round Draw

Clearly I'm a grumpy old git. Draw was far better in the old days - on the radio and without all these BBC wankers

Hmm I might be tempted by this one, depending on a sensibly priced ticket.

Fix! Drew 4 out of six sequential numbers in a row.

If we are going to get parochial about it then an away match v someone south of Watford would suit me :icon_smile:

Whoever it is unlikely to change the way we have traditionally approached cup competitions!

West Ham suit you?

I like the look of the game but I think we'll be spanked.

It won't grab national headlines, but Dean Smith playing Walsall is some tie

Yeovil to Carlisle is a kick in the knackers!

Might look to go to ours seeing as where it is (even if it is the cup & we will probably get no joy) as its a ground I've not been to and won't be able to again after they move

Great. Have to put up with my brother taking the piss after West Ham shadow team spank Wolves shadow team. Scromit.

Will we ever get a home draw in the FA Cup again? 5 straight away draws.
Cant see us being battered but can see a routine 2-0 West Ham win with us not threatening much.

Pretty much the only positive thing you could say (other than for those willing to travel, a final chance to tick a ground off before it disappears - I've already been once for a Wolves game and once for a West Ham vs Spurs game, so no incentive there for me) is that all of Payet, Valencia and Sakho will still be missing when we play them, they are their three best attacking players. However if they send out anything resembling a first choice team we won't get near them.

The Whitehawk manager really does fancy himself.

So can guess the TV games already Exeter v Liverpool, Man Utd v Sheff Utd, Arsenal v Sunderland and Spurs v Leicester

Looking to go as its a reasonable journey for me & one of the few London grounds I've not been to.

As to the result - depends how seriously either team takes this competition. As I suspect we are not going up or down this year we may as well give this as good a go as we can

I could be wrong, but the last time we played West Ham United in the cup, weren't we in the premier league, and they were in the championship. And we had home advantage, yet the Hammers won. Time to return the favour maybe.

Yep, they beat us 3-1. Luzhny played and was laughably bad, might even have been his last game for us.

Silas was our best player, DJ took him off after an hour to "save him for next weekend". Don't think he even got on the bench.

Back