• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (H) build up 12/1/16

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
No news on Bjorn just yet but have to assume that he wont be available for Tuesday night.

Martinez

Iorfa Batth EEL Golbourne

McDonald Coady

Byrne Zyro Graham

le Fondre​

SUBS: Ikeme, Doherty, Price, Edwards, Henry, Saville, van La Parra.

It will blatantly be Doherty & Edwards in for Byrne & Golbourne though and a 4-1-4-1 formation.

Heading down for this one if anyone fancies a beer pre/post match.

I'd have Price ahead of Coady but agree with the rest

I'd be happy with your team Lycan but suspect your Byrne/Golbourne theory is right..even so if we play with more confidence and flair we will still beat Fulham

Do we feel Jacket genuinely believes Doherty to be the better choice, or is he just playing him to get an improvement out of/rest Golbourne?

Ikeme played very well today, so it might be a bit harsh to drop him.

Do we feel Jacket genuinely believes Doherty to be the better choice, or is he just playing him to get an improvement out of/rest Golbourne?

I'm not his biggest fan but to be fair to him he's done alright definitely better than Golbourne in the last 4-5 games which to be isn't that impressive of a feat.

i think its impossible that KJ will select the team without Edwards - how blind can one man be not to see that he brings nothing to the team except wasted energy.

Would be tempted to put Zyro directly up against Stearman even if he lasts sixty minutes.

Everything else the same as Brighton.

Irrespective of which players are selected against Fulham, I think it is important we make a good, positive start. The natives might be a touch restless, so a good performance will help an awful lot.

Would be satisfied with your team Lyco, but would accept Edwards coming on for the last 20 mins (after we are 3 up of course) as Zyro looked done by that stage yesterday

Irrespective of which players are selected against Fulham, I think it is important we make a good, positive start. The natives might be a touch restless, so a good performance will help an awful lot.

Agree, we need to show some intent, and an attempt to play football in this game would be nice!

Dropping Ikeme would be terrible man management unless there is a genuine chance of Martinez staying beyond this season

Dropping Ikeme would be terrible man management unless there is a genuine chance of Martinez staying beyond this season

Whilst I consider Martinez the better keeper, then agree that unless there is a serious probability of us being able to bring him in permanently then would leave Ikeme in place.

Did fine yesterday

I'd be happy if Martinez played, makes no sense not to play your best keeper.

Personally I think it's marginal, if Martinez was fit pre Xmas I'd have been fine with it, but Ikeme had his best game of the season versus Brighton and I believe was solid enough yesterday. If it were the loan keeper in the team and our Iwn one regaining fitness then ok, but as it's the other way round I'd prefer our own keeper to play unless his form means he should be dropped

Have to say Ikeme seems to be playing himself back to form and did well in both games recently. We need top be bolder braver and more " powerful" to coin a phrase at home. Our home games have been pretty poor fair. Lets hope the team is really up for it and we stuff Fulham. Cue Le Fondre to score a few

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Golbourne

McDonald Price

Coady
Byrne Graham

le Fondre

Edwards will definitely be playing. And Price hasn't even been in the squad recently so I assume he is still ill/injured.

Environmental health are on standby for the amount of lost shit when Stearman rises majestically to thunder in a last minute header in front of the south bank.

Think it'll be the same tactics as we're now accustomed, Graham to start, could imagine Jackett being typically cautious and starting with Henry and Zyro coming off the bench. I think if we afford McCormack the opportunities we did Reading he'll punish us.

Back