• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Giro d'Italia / Tour de France

I didn't get to see a replay as my Eurosport recording cut off just as they crossed the line...reading around the general consensus seems to be 50-50, just one of those things. No official reprimand from the commissars so I guess they agree...

Cav definitely gave a very subtle nudge imo,it looked preemptive/protective tho and not meant to make the other guy fall over.

Cav was asked whose fault it was and got very angry. Snatched the tape recorder of one journalist.

Cav was asked whose fault it was and got very angry. Snatched the tape recorder of one journalist.

I actually think it was the other guy's fault mostly,coming too close...

Slightly, but Cav moves in too (which he has to in order to negotiate the bend to be fair)

Racing incident for me.

A spectator clearly disagrees with me as they have thrown piss at cavendish during the TT today.

Seen a few comments saying Veelers moved off his line after sitting up...

This is as I saw it. He sat up and was looking to his left. In doing so he moved right and his elbow sticks out. Cav's movement is to the left but as Pad says he's following the line of the road. The footage prob doesn't help Cav but it's just one of those things. Glad Veelers stood up after it although he hasn't held back on Cav. not quite an abdoujaparov

Didn't win the stage but has put serious time into all the GC contenders. Great lead now, must be pushing 3 minutes

Didn't win the stage but has put serious time into all the GC contenders. Great lead now, must be pushing 3 minutes

3.25 i think. it's his to lose now. just needs to avoid a really bad day.

I expect him to be severely attacked on the ventoux so that he is softened up before the Alpe. Only way that lead can be overturned.

I expect him to be severely attacked on the ventoux so that he is softened up before the Alpe. Only way that lead can be overturned.

i can see quintana lasting about 10 seconds on ventoux before his first attack! ok, i'm probably exaggerating. of course he lost a fair bit of time today at 5.18 down, but i'm not sure they could afford to let him go.

Can't see him losing that sort of time, he could probably afford to ignore everything they do and ride on his power meter!

Kittel won today,just edging Cavendish.The Norwegian Kristoff in 4th,he's got quite a few top 6 placements now in this year's TdF.

Bad accident a few km before the end too,hope noone got injured too badly.

Boasson Hagen,Sky,broke his shoulder in the crash. :( Tour over.

Back