• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (H) 03/10/15 Build Up Thread

Jolemai

Reaction score
Edwards is expected to be in the squad for this game, whilst Coady is available having served his three match ban.

My guess:

..........Martinez
Iorfa, Batth, Hause, Golbourne
......McDonald, Price
......Henry, Afobe, Ojo
...........Le Fondre

However, I'm concerned that Coady will come in for Price and Edwards will start...

Edwards won't start as he was only doing light running drills yesterday. He will be lucky to get on the bench.

can't see any changes - the guys who won last night have earned the right to keep the shirt - Edwards & Coady should only be on the bench..at best

I think it'll the same starting 11 except for Ojo replacing Byrne.

I think he will start the same team with Ojo in for Byrne, though I worry Ojo still isn't ready to start yet, he deserves his chance.

Huddersfield have been in decent form lately. Huws has been a great signing for them, and they have some good forwards but this is still a great chance for us to get back to back wins for the first time in the league this season. This could really kick start our season. and it's on the telly!

Bench of
Ikeme
EEL
Rowe
Edwards
Coady
Byrne
Bright

doesn't look so bad. Glaringly obvious another striker is needed mind.

Bench of
Ikeme
EEL
Rowe
Edwards
Coady
Byrne
Bright

doesn't look so bad. Glaringly obvious another striker is needed mind.

In addition to Enobakhare, or instead of (with him going out on loan)?

Also, I can't see Rowe making the bench.

I'd have Rowe there as he covers a number of positions, left back particularly. That bench covers every position on the pitch.

Instead of Bright

I'd have Rowe there as he covers a number of positions, left back particularly. That bench covers every position on the pitch.

I think I'd rather have Rowe there too, but we both know it will be Doherty given he can fill in on the left :facepalm:

I don't think Rowe will get much of chance this season.

Rowe really isn't very good, to a degree where I think I would rather have Doherty. He was abysmal in the u21s game against Fulham, even though we won 3-0. He should be running the game at that level.

Hopefully we put the Huddersfield hoodoo to bed last year when we slapped them 1-4 because they've done very well in their last two visits to Wolves.

If Ojo found some form last night I'd bring him in but everybody else keeps their places. Hopefully we can get Afobe in amongst the goals he's been getting closer in the last two games so hopefully a good sign.

Down for this and my brother and I are staying over in Wolverhampton as we're getting the first train to London on Sunday morning for the American Football at Wembley. Game, a few beers, a curry and watch the Rugby.... Relly looking forward to it

Should be up for some post match beerage. Got a free weekend as the missus is taking the sprogs away. ALE ALE ALE!!

I think it'll the same starting 11 except for Ojo replacing Byrne.

Yeah the team literally picks it self Saturday barring injuries It would be foolish for Kenny change anything.

...With that being said I wouldn't be surprised If Kenny makes changes even though there is no logical reason why he should.

Should be up for some post match beerage. Got a free weekend as the missus is taking the sprogs away. ALE ALE ALE!!

Sounds good Will...Can you drop me a text so I have your number and I'll let you know where to meet us

Hopefully it will be the same starting eleven. We found our form last night, so there is no need for any changes.

Can't wait for this game, feels like ages since I was last at Molineux!

Only one question for me, Byrne or Ojo. Ojo hasn't looked very good so far when he's started games but maybe last night will have given him a confidence boost. At least we know we can swap it later if it isn't working. Nothing else needs changing.

Time for this shocking home record against this lot to end. Haven't beaten them at Molineux for 27 years.

2014/15: L 1-3 (H), W 4-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2000/1: L 0-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1999/0: L 0-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1998/9: D 2-2 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1997/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1996/7: D 0-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
1995/6: D 0-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)

Back