• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (H) build up thread

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
A few tough decisions for Lambo after the excellent victory away at Stoke. Will he be brave and drop Batth/Stearman for Hause/Willo? Iorfa finally ready to take over from Coady? Can we get away with a midfield of Price/Evans? Cav to come back? Ronan fit again? Dicko or Bodvarsson?

My team:

Ikeme

Iorfa Williamson Hause Doherty

Evans Price

Costa Edwards Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson

SUBS: Burgoyne, Batth, Coady, Enobakhare, Dicko, Mason, Ronan​

I'd love to see Price and Evans given a few games together in defensive midfield, their range of passing should allow us to get the ball out quickly to Costa/Ivan and hurt them on the break.

If Roman is fit then him for Edwards, if not I'd have Bright for Edwards but that'd be my team too Lycan.

I dont think your far off what Paul Lambert will select with that line up, though I do expect he will recall his captain Danny Batth for Kortney Hause.

If Roman is fit then him for Edwards, if not I'd have Bright for Edwards but that'd be my team too Lycan.

Without Edwards I think it looks a little too young for a derby game.

Its back to the bread and butter of league football and a local derby.....Don't want many changes but expecting a few. Think Baath will come in for Hause and it will be Edwards and Price at cm.....this is all assuming Willi is fit. Would like to see Cav back on the left and Ronan at 10 if fit

Just out of curiosity how many games have Lee Evans and Jack Price started together in a Wolves first team shirt.

No to Edwards at #10 please, we need a footballer there.

------------------------Ikeme-------------------------

Iorfa------------Batth---------Williamson---------Doherty

--------------Edwards-------Price--------------------

-------Costa----------Ronan---------Cavaleiro------------

---------------------Bodvarsson-----------------------------

Subs: Burgoyne, Hause, Stearman, Evans, Enobakhare, Mason, Dicko

If Ronan isn't fit then play Bright and stick MGW on the bench.

Assuming fitness Deutsch's team with Hause for Batth for me. Let Williamson do the role to Hause that Butler did for Lescott. Edwards stays in for the experience element.

Big call for Lambo - looks like he either drops his captain or he drops the player who was most people's MoM against Stoke

No to Edwards at #10 please, we need a footballer there.

------------------------Ikeme-------------------------

Iorfa------------Batth---------Williamson---------Doherty

--------------Edwards-------Price--------------------

-------Costa----------Ronan---------Cavaleiro------------

---------------------Bodvarsson-----------------------------

Subs: Burgoyne, Hause, Stearman, Evans, Enobakhare, Mason, Dicko

If Ronan isn't fit then play Bright and stick MGW on the bench.

Would have Hause for Batth personally, also ideally Evans for Edwards but with the former only having 1 game back and Edwards in good form this makes sense for now.

I'd go with:

Ikeme; Iorfa, Williamson, Hause, Doherty; Price, Evans, Costa, Enobakhare, Cavaleiro; Bodvarsson.

Subs: Burgoyne, Batth, Coady, Edwards, Ronan, Mason, Dicko

I would be very surprised if Batth and Edwards weren't recalled.

Well, Lambert has surprised us previously.

If he's fit, I would imagine Williamson will play, then it's a matter of whom you would play with him.

I'd go with:

Ikeme; Iorfa, Williamson, Hause, Doherty; Price, Evans, Costa, Enobakhare, Cavaleiro; Bodvarsson.

This for me

I'd go with:

Think you've nailed it there, Langers.

I like the idea of Williamson mentoring Hause, who I've always thought has bags of potential. Also, while it sounds like Saville had a good game against Stoke I still think Price is a more reliable option, especially given his performance against QPR at Molineux. Bright has looked our best bet at number 10 recently while Bod just has more cutting edge than Dicko.

The season's probably a bit long in the tooth now but I don't think we'd need to add too much to that team to get us challenging for promotion next season.

assuming Willo is fit enough (which i hope) then to drop Hause for liability Batth would send a bad signal to the younger players

I'd go with:

That's the first 11 that i want to see but i think Edwards and Batth will play and Evans and Hause won't.

I would be very surprised if Batth and Edwards weren't recalled.

Agree. Want Hause to have a run of games with Williamson but can't see him ever dropping Batth. Which will hinder us if we want to progress IMO

Evans and Price would be a seriously slow middle when we don't have the ball.

Back