• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (H) build up thread

Similar to others, I'll be frustrated if Lambert messes with a defence that performed so well against Stoke..
You can just as easily say he messed with a defence that kept a clean sheet away at Sheff Wed.

Point is, you could easily justify going back to the same back four.

Forgive me - senility is clearly setting in

Don't remember anything before Darlo's text offering the ticket

No problem - it's more important the ticket isn't wasted!

Anyway I think we will see Batth and Williamson at the heart of defence and, especially given his former, Dave Edwards is a shoe in - probably instead of Evans.

coming up for this game , birthday treat from the family , staying at the Mount as we have done before, lovely place, can't wait
where do you guys meet before the game ? went to the Western last time we were up, great to be surrounded by old gold and black
normally I'm in the minority at some of the away games i go to, can't always get in the wolves end.
we've got the best club name !! WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS !!! don't it just sing !!!

No problem - it's more important the ticket isn't wasted!

Having tried to think back through that day I do now vaguely remember you mentioning it - so thank you

Probably wiped any thoughts of watching another match after seeing us capitulate against QPR :icon_smile:

Suspect we'll see Batth, Edwards and Cav in for Mason, Evans and Hause.

I'd bring Cav back, maybe for Bright though as he's looked promising without truly contributing so far it seems.
Evans and Hause deserve to keep their places.

This is assuming Willo is good to go again. I'm praying he is.

Unchanged would be my choice. The team that won at Stoke deserves its chance again.

I hope that Prince makes it at Wolves, but unfortunately I doubt it. That first touch in a Wolves shirt, when he hit a simple pass high into the Billy Wright stand, was a bad omen.
Off on loan, I reckon.

That really would have been a bad pass considering his debut was at St Andrews...

I hope that Prince makes it at Wolves, but unfortunately I doubt it. That first touch in a Wolves shirt, when he hit a simple pass high into the Billy Wright stand, was a bad omen.
Off on loan, I reckon.

I still have high hopes for him, I think theres a good player in there. Would be a massive admission of failure by thelwell too, if we bin him and gladon already, given that its only those two, lonergan and Saiss that weren't mendes signings....

Bod was a Thelwell signing too so he may have 1 success out of that lot as Lambert clearly isn't sold on Saiss as yet (Lonergan being a failure also).

Back