• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

I’m forever popping bubbles verdict thread

Jabbawolf

Reaction score
Always felt confident watching this - we use the ball beautifully, and the Hammers didn’t seem to have much about them.

Traore - great cross, and some lovely, intelligent use of the ball. Neto - that was some strike!

We are in good shape for a strong finish.

We controlled it. Even in these weird games as the away team you'll always go through spells where the opposition have decent spells buy Rui was never properly threatened once.

Neto and Traore both superb when they came on. Though Jonny had a great game too. Very impressed .

it was not a great watch until the last quarter when Traore and Neto seemed to have everyone else running in treacle. Two great goals and three great points.

Saiss needs to wake up , the lockdown is over , other than that we looked solid

Could have been very different if Fornals scored in first half, I thought the use of the ball by Saiss and Boly was a bit sloppy at times.

Subs completely changed the game, much more urgency. An absolute peach of a cross from Adama (let’s hear no more that he can’t cross) and a fantastic finish from Neto. Job done and if we carry on attacking the champions league is possible.

Feel for Podence - he seems like one wide man too many for the foreseeable.

Unless we lose one in the summer...

Apart from a couple of sloppy spells we controlled that with ease, the changes turned game into an eventual formality. The game was more like a cup tie against a side from a lower league, West Ham have some huge problems. Toss up for MOTM, Boly was just imperious at the back but got to give to Neves dictated the game from the start reminded me very much of Andrea Pirlo at times.

Adama given motm after 24 mins.

Never liked Noble and this is a great stat:
7d980362f02607123d15dc2908ed0c42.jpg

The second half was dreadful until the subs. What a pair to have to bring on to change the game though. Neto is just getting better and better.

I really enjoyed that. Controlled most of the game and scored two excellent goals.

I love everything about this team at the moment and I'm so pleased football is back!

This game just shows how important the players who has that bit of extra is in modern football(quality, pace etc)..was a nothing game and not much happened until Adama came on, really hope we can keep him but i fear we cant... :(

Traore is unique. However he is no longer a road runner but he stops, waits and then uses the burst of pace to leave the opponent for dead rather than going hell for leather. Thats a sign of great coaching.

Absolutely excellent. Tactical masterclass from Nuno, perfectly executed by the players. Neves, Boly, Jonny & Jota looked so sharp in the first 60 mins and then Adama & Neto just tore it up in the last 30.

What a team. I missed that so much.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Great win for us.

Much better to not be 1-0 down than it is to be 1-0 so I understand Nuno being cautious.

I thought Fornals was offside for his chance anyway. Rice is much better as a CH than a midfielder

Crazy we have a 100m track & field runner who actually can play football too..maybe change of sig from koscielny to traore haha

Awaiting the “foot like a traction engine” clip on social media.

Could have been very different if Fornals scored in first half, I thought the use of the ball by Saiss and Boly was a bit sloppy at times.

Boly overplayed a lot of stuff today when on the ball but defended well, his control of that loose ball in the build up to Raul's goal was sublime though. I thought Saiss just didn't look very sharp, he'll get better as he gets back into it.

Neves MOTM for me, that's how to run a midfield. And the two subs were pure mustard. Champions League is definitely on.

Boly overplayed a lot of stuff today when on the ball but defended well, his control of that loose ball in the build up to Raul's goal was sublime though. I thought Saiss just didn't look very sharp, he'll get better as he gets back into it.

Neves MOTM for me, that's how to run a midfield. And the two subs were pure mustard. Champions League is definitely on.

Neves definitely MotM for me, that tackle and pass for Jota in the first half was magnificent.

Back