• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

I’m forever popping bubbles verdict thread

Not to overplay it but if we do make CL, however that comes about, I think we can hang onto everyone for at least 1 more year. The only reason anyone would then have to leave would either be to a) win trophies, which limits the pool of clubs to sign for (which would already be small, in terms of who could afford them) or b) just basic financials, thinking they can get significantly better deals elsewhere.

CL could be transformative for the club, it really could.

I think we will definately lose him should we not achieve a CL spot, but we may lose him even earlier...

I don’t think Adama will ever be a better player than he is with us. Him and Nuno proper love each other and Nuno has made him into an absolute class act. I feel like if he went somewhere else he would regress as he’s been perfectly integrated into our club and our system.

Not saying he won’t go but I don’t think he’d be a big success at somewhere like Liverpool for example.

Sell him to them for £70m+ and buy him back from them for £10m in a few years :devilsmile:

Superb Start

West Ham defended well tbf but we now have a crazy bench.

I think Adama can get better and will, I also think that he will only leave to rejoin Barca and I wouldn't rule that out.
Neto better start playing shit or everyones gonna be after him as well.

I suspected we would do well as our system is better than hoping individuals can produce moments of magic. Mind you we produced some magic with them goals. We can get 4th or 5th thats for certain.

Really pleased with that. I never felt nervous, or that we were likely to concede. At the other end, Jota and Jimenez were unlucky not to see one of their nice little 1-2's work, we could have been a couple of goals clear before Traore and Neto's introductions.

What subs they were to bring on, and that quality was enough to get what we deserved - a fairly comfortable win earned by a professional performance with some real quality where and when it matters.

Thought there was quite a difference in quality between the two sides.

Great to have the PL back!!

Just watched the MotD repeat, highlights... My we were lucky yesterday, a real smash and grab job! Thank goodness we had Traore on the bench :icon_lol:

Just how good is Pedro Neto going to be? God know I love Diogo operating on the left but good as he is, I think Neto is going to be better. Just love his aggression, his direct running, the way the tempo of the game goes up when he's on. And goal yesterday was OK as well...

Just watched the MotD repeat, highlights... My we were lucky yesterday, a real smash and grab job! Thank goodness we had Traore on the bench :icon_lol:

Motd coverage seemed to imply that actually, they showed none of the first 15-20 minutes where we were so very dominant and created a couple of half chances, Shearer and Wrighty put that right later though.......although there was no real mention of Neto's finish which was goal of the day by some margin imo

The editing of the game for MOTD was beyond awful. It made it look like we were 2nd best.

To be fair to MOTD, for all our ball first half there wasn’t really much more they could have shown. That’s just the way highlights work. You could tell they were struggling to fill the time because they showed passages of play up to corners being won and then nothing actually happening from the resulting corner. I think Rui’s catch was one of the highlights!

Agree with that mobnet- we were the better team by quite a way, but didn’t really create much you’d consider a “good chance” until we made the subs

We created situations rather than opportunities in the first half

When the plan works as it did yesterday we manage games, we have since Nuno came. It's why we didn't smash sides score wise in the Championship and why we aren't highlights package friendly in the PL

I would be fuming if I was a West Ham fan (aside from realising I am a West Ham fan and my life being ruined...), the comments from Moyes are appalling. All but confirming he set up in this game as if he was playing Liverpool or Man City away from home "sticking in there, plugging away and HOPING they would get a chance". The kind of shit Dave Jones or Lambert would say to defend losing a game in such a manner.

Exactly how happy was Moutinho at Nettos goal ?

Joey E&S nailing his ratings

Every starting player, bar Neves gets a 7 (he got 8).

Sorry I know we won but Saiss deserves a 6 at best. Lazy work really, put some bastard effort into your work

Jota's hair is magnificent. Its like he has spent all lockdown playing FIFA and FM

To be fair to MOTD, for all our ball first half there wasn’t really much more they could have shown. That’s just the way highlights work. You could tell they were struggling to fill the time because they showed passages of play up to corners being won and then nothing actually happening from the resulting corner. I think Rui’s catch was one of the highlights!
Though we had 6 shots on target compared to WHUs 2. Both of West Ham's were shown...

Given the highlights showed passages of play to gain corners (that Rui easily caught) wouldn't it have made more sense to show corners we won, which would have been more in keeping with the Wolves dominance?

Anyway, if we only have to complain about motd highlights then that shows how well we played yesterday. Saiss and Dendoncker were 6s for me, and Adama and Doc were a real threat when both on the pitch together.

Joey E&S nailing his ratings

Every starting player, bar Neves gets a 7 (he got 8).

Sorry I know we won but Saiss deserves a 6 at best. Lazy work really, put some bastard effort into your work

Saiss got a bonus point in FPL

Back