• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

I’m forever popping bubbles verdict thread

Adama
9a273ba7969e3e334ef1aa0f7aa023e6.gif

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed the game, didn't notice the lack of spectators after about 10 minutes. Thought it was a typical Wolves performance, controlled the game as we wanted without creating any clear cut chances. One or two excellent moments but final ball missing. Great team management by Nuno, Traore scares every opposition team these days, great run and clipped cross and Jiminez doing what he does (hadn't been very good up till then). Neto's goal icing on the cake. One excellent goal and one goal of the month contender. Can't find anything to criticise......so I won't

Great goals, great result, great thread title. Couldn't be happier.

The second goal was superb & not just for the Neto strike

Neves wins the ball, quick movement to Adama who is now infield - good pass out the Doherty who puts a good cross in to take it away from Fabianski

Would have counted for nothing without the finish, but that wouldn't have been available without the earlier play.

Ultimately this was a proffesional performance in unusual circumstances - WH defended well till the subs, but we now have players to come on who can change the game.

We’ve just got through our toughest test for the first 3 comfortably. Bournemouth are garbage and we should see off Villa.

Rivals all got a tough spell and playing each other. Let’s cash in

Gameplan worked to perfection as it should have done on a number of occasions this season, it doesn't because we concede soft goals, today Fornals didn't do what others have. If we signed an attacking midfielder 352 would suit us perfectly, with the current squad we are a better side 343

Gameplan worked to perfection as it should have done on a number of occasions this season, it doesn't because we concede soft goals, today Fornals didn't do what others have. If we signed an attacking midfielder 352 would suit us perfectly, with the current squad we are a better side 343

Fournals was miles offside anyway wasn't he?

Definitely offside

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

We’re going to find it extremely difficult to keep hold of Adama this summer, I feel. There will be some big offers coming in for him because there’s just not another player out there like him.

Moyes absolute bummed him in his interview after the match today. Klopp has praised him, as have many others. He’s just a complete game changer and everyone is sitting up and taking notice now.

Obviously we dont need to sell him - but if either a) a fucking massive offer comes in (70m+), or b) the player himself wants to leave, then he'll go.

But remember. We're pushing for a champions league place. The days of 'bigger' clubs coming in and taking our successful players is over.

Just had a read of KUMB. They are all suicidal and loads of acceptance that we are better in every way than them :)

Just had a read of KUMB. They are all suicidal and loads of acceptance that we are better in every way than them :)

if it comes to it I would sooner keep west ham than Bournemouth in the prem

Obviously we dont need to sell him - but if either a) a fucking massive offer comes in (70m+), or b) the player himself wants to leave, then he'll go.

But remember. We're pushing for a champions league place. The days of 'bigger' clubs coming in and taking our successful players is over.

Depends whether he thinks that we can make it to the top ourselves - we are not that far off it.

Another CB to take over from Saiss (has done v well but is the weakest of the back 3), a quality replacement for Moutinho who surely has to slow down at some point & a replacement/cover for Doherty.

If he wants out then that's different & we take the max we can get for him.

Nicolas Pepe. £70m.

I wouldn't listen to anything less than £90m.

Depends whether he thinks that we can make it to the top ourselves - we are not that far off it.

Another CB to take over from Saiss (has done v well but is the weakest of the back 3), a quality replacement for Moutinho who surely has to slow down at some point & a replacement/cover for Doherty.

If he wants out then that's different & we take the max we can get for him.

Nathan Ake for me

I can't see Adama looking to force a move at this point. He's still improving under the tutelage of Nuno and there'd be a very big risk of a different coach quickly dismantling the work of the past 12 months.

Obviously that risk is reduced should Klopp/Pep come calling, but I think he's possibly another 12 months away from that at this stage.

I don’t think Adama will ever be a better player than he is with us. Him and Nuno proper love each other and Nuno has made him into an absolute class act. I feel like if he went somewhere else he would regress as he’s been perfectly integrated into our club and our system.

Not saying he won’t go but I don’t think he’d be a big success at somewhere like Liverpool for example.

Back