• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

I’m Off

Toowoomba. It’s about 3 hours west of Brisbane up in the great dividing range in an amazing extinct volcano crater. The climate is fantastic and it’s a very pretty City.

Best of luck mate, hope it's a great move for you

After the kicking it feels like I have had for a decade this is a very exciting relief.

All the very best! I know how it feels moving countries. Hope it all works out for you :)

Good luck Pad, although i'm sure you don't need it!

All the best in your new life Pad

Doing something I wish I had the courage to do, mate. Hope the move goes smoothly; it’s stressful enough to get all your shit across the street, much less across the world!

I’m going very light. I think that is best. Going to get micro to send my three guitars by UPS as only one is travelling. Will buy a new amp when I get there and he can have my old Marshall.

I might as well put it here officially now. The tickets are booked, the visa is incoming. 28th of Feb I officially leave this country and head to a new life in Oz.

I’m going to miss Wolverhampton more than I can say, but bring on the sunshine.
I might pop up and see you next time I'm over. Currently sat on the tarmac waiting to depart Sydney.

I might as well put it here officially now. The tickets are booked, the visa is incoming. 28th of Feb I officially leave this country and head to a new life in Oz.

I’m going to miss Wolverhampton more than I can say, but bring on the sunshine.
Pad,

You won't miss Wolverhampton (if your experience is similar to mine) but you will miss watching the Wolves in the flesh. However, the Premier League is now broadcast live around the world, so you should be able to watch every Wolves game, as I do. Unlike Leeds, I won't be getting back to Australia. I took a retirement celebration trip all over Australia in 2016 (I was 74 then) so you will understand why I won't be travelling back to the land of Oz. So, enjoy Toowomba, Ipswich, and, of course, the fine city of Brisbane. And make sure you visit Port Douglas and Cairns to take a fearful ride with the Crocodiles!

I've always enjoyed your comments, so have a great experience in Australia.

I see Toowoomba is currently GMT+10 which means a 1am kickoff for a Sat 3pm kickoff over here.

Sun afternoon games at 1pm will be 11pm which isn't too bad, unless you have an early start for work the next morning. Sun 4pm games will probably be a no go though at 2am.

Evening games will be even worse for you, at 5:45am or 6am on a weekday.

Interestingly there's no daylight savings time for you. But there is over here, so those kickoff times will go back an hour for you in March (I think, as clocks will go forwards an hour over here).

The clocks don’t change because it’s much nearer the equator. There aren’t super long evenings in summer or super short days in winter.

Amazing news mate and wish you nothing but the very best with your move and everything that follows. I know me and you have squabbled like kids on here before, but genuinely one of my favourite Wolves related moments of all time was when you gave my dad the Nuno 'pure filth' scarf before our FA Cup semi final in London. Will never forget the look on his face, and that meant a lot. Plus the other happy memories like randomly bumping in to you with your little one at a bloody WWE event 😂 - and of course all the pre-match beers at Wolves.

You're a top bloke and I'm sure this move will be exactly what you need. Bet you're well excited!

I see Toowoomba is currently GMT+10 which means a 1am kickoff for a Sat 3pm kickoff over here.

Sun afternoon games at 1pm will be 11pm which isn't too bad, unless you have an early start for work the next morning. Sun 4pm games will probably be a no go though at 2am.

Evening games will be even worse for you, at 5:45am or 6am on a weekday.

Interestingly there's no daylight savings time for you. But there is over here, so those kickoff times will go back an hour for you in March (I think, as clocks will go forwards an hour over here).
NSW is 11 hours difference in UK winter and 9 in UK summer. I didn't have too much difficulty watching live English football whilst over in Oz. However, I wasn't worried about early starts for work 😉

Have you started growing a mullet yet?

Scuse me asking Paddy, but what will you be doing for a job, I take it you have something lined up, or is your very clever Squeeze gonna be paying the bills?
Really exciting time for you and having enjoyed (I use the word loosely) 'Wanted Down Under', I'm fascinated to hear your story.

Good riddance Pad,you no good heavy fan!...:)
I am actually kidding,but as our little relation only is on this forum..I hope you gonna keep on your part..:)
Happy dazs in the sun..don´t let the lager fool you..there is only one place like Wolverhapmton..or Växjö.
Never mind mate..we are all global nowadys.
Looking forward to your first abnoxious post from down under.
Happay travels.

Back