• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

I've never been to Duisburg. Been to a lot of other places in Nordrhein-Westfalen but not there.

It's not pretty, quite post-industrial as I understand, but as with most places in Germany you can have a good time if you want to. This does not apply to Frankfurt.

I really hope they get punished but dont think so..

Got my email re the Olympiacos game now (clearly going down in alphabetical order) - will take the refund & will re buy when allowed depending on when & what the conditions are then.

Not the easiest draw, but hey that's what we wanted to get here for.

Re reading Clive Corbett's book 'Out of Darkness' re Wolves from 1977 - 1990. Only up to 1980 now so still a positive, but we all know where it goes. Given where we went to compared to where we are now then nobody should get uptight about blips on the road in individual games (though I suppose that human nature dictates that that will always happen)

If they aren't then expect PSG to spend a billion.

They will get at least a year.

Who knows? Absolutely nothing to do with the Qatari on UEFA’s board.

Not sure it matters that much, but if we get there the team we meet in both the quarters and semis will both have played their previous game at that ground

Thank goodness! If we get past Olympiacos, the next game is on the 11th, which is not mrs jellys birthday!

There are lots of wonderful reasons I would love to see us win the EL. But right now the thought of binning off the fourth place team to the EL next season while we play in the CL is probably the best one. I would love to see it. Given that Chelsea Man U or Leicester are likely to finish 4th,

Its unlikely but it would make me chuckle

It wouldn't bin the 4th place team off. There'd be 5 teams in the Champions League.

Yea that only works if Chelsea miss the top 4 and win the CL, which given the first leg result isn't going to happen

Really? Thought that had been changed after Liverpool won it and then didn’t qualify? I may be wrong. 5 CL teams would be a tad unfair?

It's 5 because of the Europa incentive. It's 4 otherwise. We had 5 a couple of years ago when Utd won the Europa

Err no one, the winner of the europa is a space in its own right.

They probably have to find another space if the winner occupied a qualifying space in their domestic league.

Back