• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

I had a look on the UEFA website and the current national coefficient points for this season appears to be around sixteen and can still rise a fair bit. Last season with all four finalists contributed something like 21 points. The big chance to jump above Spain in the national coefficient comes over the next two seasons as we have two seasons with a contribution of only 14 and fractions points to drop out of the calculation.

To explain it is calculated on a rolling average of five seasons’ haul plus some arbitrary bonus points. We have contributed far more this season than Burnley did last, for a start.

Doesn’t really matter to us being ahead of Spain. We just want it to be a little higher so we can end up seeded throughout again so theoretically a bit easier (even though Torino were unseeded.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves though. Still need Chelsea to do us a favour.

We need to be using our own coefficient rather than national to guarantee that I suspect. Just depends who is in the draw really.

We need to be using our own coefficient rather than national to guarantee that I suspect. Just depends who is in the draw really.

Could do with home draws to 1 legged ties allow a greater risk of a shock result,

Doesn’t really matter to us being ahead of Spain. We just want it to be a little higher so we can end up seeded throughout again so theoretically a bit easier (even though Torino were unseeded.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves though. Still need Chelsea to do us a favour.

co-efficient doesn't matter when we win the whole thing and go straight into the Champions League group stage anyway :D Did you say something about getting ahead of ourselves?!!

Don’t think we can underestimate how tough next Thursday is going to be either we’ll need to be right at it to go through.

Don’t think we can underestimate how tough next Thursday is going to be either we’ll need to be right at it to go through.

Definitely - that's what excites me most, and excites me (without getting ahead of myself) of playing Sevilla/Roma. These are proper European competition matches!

I totally understand (and part of me agrees with) the argument that we might be better in the league without Europa League next season - but I also just want to be in europe every year now, playing these types of matches.

Definitely - that's what excites me most, and excites me (without getting ahead of myself) of playing Sevilla/Roma. These are proper European competition matches!

I totally understand (and part of me agrees with) the argument that we might be better in the league without Europa League next season - but I also just want to be in europe every year now, playing these types of matches.

Yep a club like ours can’t pick and choose the seasons it’s in Europe every season we’re in it the profile of the club is raised, just desperate for us to have a chance at either Roma or Sevilla proper big names in Europe

You want a good coefficient you need to be in for most years and picking up a good points haul.

I’ve loved Europe this season, and the players have clearly loved it too - I’m desperate for us to qualify again for next season!

I’ve loved Europe this season, and the players have clearly loved it too - I’m desperate for us to qualify again for next season!

I'm incredibly nervous about next Thursday. Thought the Olympiakos keeper - Sa? - was really good. Can see him replacing Rui at some point

UEFA confirm 8 Premier League clubs will compete in Europe next season - only if Wolves win Europa League & Arsenal win FA Cup

So means Arsenal can’t remove Spurs if we went batshit mental and won the Europa.

Is anyone else still awaiting their money back after requesting a refund for the Olympiacos game?

Is anyone else still awaiting their money back after requesting a refund for the Olympiacos game?

Nope but they did say something daft like 28 days.

Presume they have 1 member of staff processing them

Yes it said 28 days when I did mine.

Back