• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Ferencvaros is a dream trip. 4 stops from the airport to digs at Hatar Ut, then a further 2 stops to Ferencvaros. Perfect.

I really want us to be drawn in a tasty group. Bring them on - this is what we all wanted: big European sides under the Molineux floodlights. Sure, there are better sides than us we could be drawn with but we can give any team a good game. They'll want to avoid us.

Can't wait.

This is the thing. For any side in Pot 1 or 2 (bar Arsenal and Manchester United obviously) we are one of the Pot 3 sides they will be praying to avoid. Saying that - take a look at some of the sides in Pot 3. Feyenoord. Getafe. Espanyol. Saint-Etienne. Partizan Belgrade. Standard Liege. Even Qarabag, Malmo and Rennes.

I think Pot 3 is a fair bit stronger than Pot 2 - and the reason is country coefficient. Us, Getafe and Espanyol have no club coefficient, so our country coefficients have dropped us all in the same pot. There are going to be plenty of tough tough groups.

It would be horrendous. You thought tonight was heavily policed...Celtic in town would make it look like a tea party.

Yes, I don't want either of the Old Firm. Not because I'm afraid of them, just that the off the field stuff and media Battle of Britain crap wouldn't be worth the hassle.

It would be horrendous. You thought tonight was heavily policed...Celtic in town would make it look like a tea party.
Previously I disagreed with you but after our dealing with a few Torino fans it would be a full lock down!

Away trip would be good though

30 August: Group stage draw, Monaco

SEPTEMBER

19 September: Group stage, matchday one

OCTOBER

3 October: Group stage, matchday two

24 October: Group stage, matchday three

NOVEMBER

7 November: Group stage, matchday four

28 November: Group stage, matchday five

DECEMBER

12 December: Group stage, matchday six
Just bumping this section from the first post, for the inevitable questions come tomorrow morning :)

Draw starts at 12:00 BST.

And here's all the details. There'll be a live stream on that page tomorrow too.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2020/draws/round=2001150/

Some extra info for the group stages and knockout rounds, which I've added to the first post.

------------------------

"There are 12 groups of four teams, with each team playing everyone else in that group on a home and away basis. The top two in each group, plus the eight third-placed teams who depart from the UEFA Champions League group stage, progress to the round of 32."

------------------------

"In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records are seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

------------------------

In the draws for the round of 16 onwards, there are no seedings, and teams from the same group or the same association can be drawn against each other."

Excuse my language... WE FUCKING DONE IT!!!!!

See you in the group stages lads. I’m buzzing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if the draw will be on 5Live or Talksport? Got to drive up to Scotland this lunchtime so my only hope of hearing it live

Must be hard for a Radio show to cover it. Full UEFA draws are bollocks to watch. Something that can be done in 5 mins stretched out over 80 minutes

Must be hard for a Radio show to cover it. Full UEFA draws are bollocks to watch. Something that can be done in 5 mins stretched out over 80 minutes

That's what I thought. Then again, Man United are in it so a good audience in Surrey...

We would want to avoid Sevilla really. Best case for us is PSV and Eintracht getting Manchester United and Arsenal so cant draw them. I want Porto or Sporting

As weak a draw as possible. Lets win this bugger, easier route to the Champions League than finishing in the top 4.

Back