• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Id be very happy with kessie, but seems unrealistic now. Milan are still far above us in the pecking order as it stands. Last season they were a point off 3rd. Banned from Europe this season, so they can still compete for the 3rd spot with atalanta, rome and inter. More important hes regularly starting for them. He will be sitting on the bench here, atleast for a few months until hes used to the tactics and play- just like donk. And after that he is still competing/rotating with donk for a starting place. I doubt wed be able to offer a lot more money than milan, from the players prospective why would you switch countries, to a lower status club, with less playing time, for a similiar amount of money?

Ryan Fraser out of contract in the summer

Worthy of a low bid in Jan?

Ryan Fraser out of contract in the summer

Worthy of a low bid in Jan?
No.

a9776e8fa05a52cd28445eb32a73ed49.jpg

Wolves are reportedly targeting Lille centre back Gabriel Magalhaes.

The club are looking to bring in defensive reinforcements in January and Wolves have been to watch the 21-year-old Brazilian a number of times this season. [source: Mail]

Both players above fir into the young mould again and we do need better competition at CB and RWB as we've seen this season. I'd be going for Benoît Badiashile if we could afford him as he looks a class act and a younger version of Boly. He'd be expensive and if the other 2 are relatively cheap we should be getting them in.

Tim Spiers
@TimSpiers
Jeff Shi on January: "Of course (there'll be money available). We're always ready to invest. Our squad is growing but if we want to compete at a higher level we need to give Nuno more support. I think we'll have a good window."

Options will be assessed at the end of November.

A quote that hopefully isn't thrown back at Jeff when the window closes

Sounds good, lets see what happens though as getting players in January is usually a bit of a nightmare

Tim Spiers
@TimSpiers
Jeff Shi on January: "Of course (there'll be money available). We're always ready to invest. Our squad is growing but if we want to compete at a higher level we need to give Nuno more support. I think we'll have a good window."

Wim gonna sign six, Rego.

Tim Spiers
@TimSpiers

Wim gonna sign six, Rego.

I wonder if we'll try to get a back up keeper in January (relatively cheap of course) and bed him in for the rest of the campaign. Ruddy is not really an option at this level now - he's getting slower by the month and seems to have gone back to his late Norwich habit of being too heavy (and clearly isn't a long term option regardless). Norris has finally started to get a game for Ipswich, but it's League One. Is he really up to being the deputy? Sondergaard is almost certainly too young to be given that job in the nearish future.

I wonder if we'll try to get a back up keeper in January (relatively cheap of course) and bed him in for the rest of the campaign. Ruddy is not really an option at this level now - he's getting slower by the month and seems to have gone back to his late Norwich habit of being too heavy (and clearly isn't a long term option regardless). Norris has finally started to get a game for Ipswich, but it's League One. Is he really up to being the deputy? Sondergaard is almost certainly too young to be given that job in the nearish future.

Tough one as GK is probably our most nailed down position. Who could we sign that's reliable but also knows they'll have little to no chance of beating out Patricio?

Not that such things don't happen, of course; like Vorm moving to Tottenham from Swansea when Lloris was already there.

How long was Ruddy’s contract extension he signed last season?

We might evaluate come end of season but I imagine long term plan is for Sondergaard to be back up. I think ruddy will be okay for a couple more FA cup games.

We should be looking, though it's probably not the most important thing we do - there would be a worry if Rui got any injury if it took him out for a number of weeks.

Not sure of what options there might be out there which would help given that whoever signs knows that barring the injury scenario they may well only get a few cup games (& we are already out of one).

Plenty of keepers accept being second fiddle (or third). Can’t even think who the career reserve keepers are these days now Richard Wright, Stuart Taylor, Steve Harper are all gone.

Someone like Boruc might come if any of their contracts are expiring

How long was Ruddy’s contract extension he signed last season?

Just to the end of this season.

I'd rather get someone in now so we don't hit May/June and we're thinking "ah, we only really have one keeper". In an ideal world of course.

Plenty of keepers accept being second fiddle (or third). Can’t even think who the career reserve keepers are these days now Richard Wright, Stuart Taylor, Steve Harper are all gone.

Someone like Boruc might come if any of their contracts are expiring

Boruc is 40 in February so let's park that one :)

If you pay them they'll come, it's a cushy gig. Scott Carson swapped being in a scrap for the #1 shirt at Derby with Roos for being third choice at City.

Back