• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

I don't think I've heard or read anybody bitching about Fosun, have you?

No, but they are bitching about Fosuns sporting director, thinking he contributes nothing and that Fosun are too stupid or lazy to realise.

Bit pathetic eh?

No, but they are bitching about Fosuns sporting director, thinking he contributes nothing and that Fosun are too stupid or lazy to realise.

Bit pathetic eh?

So nobody has criticised Fosun then, or indeed called them lazy or stupid. In fact the only person who's written that is you.

Take your bile somwhere else.

To be fair there are now plenty of people demanding that they "back the manager".

Which in some ways is fair as Nuno is easily our best manager in 40 years. Possibly 60 years. And he does need players, we know that.

But in other ways is totally unfair given the money they've spent and endemic of the constant thing with football fans - we're always two players short, apparently. 20 years ago it was "spend £5m more". Then 10 years ago "£10m more". Probably £40m more now with the way the market is.

Sometimes you have to accept it didn't go your way. It'd be great now if Vallejo was nailed on at RCH and Cutrone had 7-8 PL goals. We did sign them from Real Madrid and AC Milan. It hasn't happened.

I couldn’t agree more - they both sounded very promising back in July/August - but it just hasn’t quite worked out. Best to move on.

Not easy in January as we all now but as a club we are increasingly a more attractive option for top players to sign for.

So you don't have a clue what a Thelwell does, admit our recruitment in the summer was woeful. So why would you pay somebody to fail?

It is the reason a recruitment team exists and like most walks of life you are judged on your results, as of yet I've yet to see The,well's signings at youth or senior level have any effect on this club. And by a Thelwell signing, a player without the direct influence of Nuno or Mendes.

A person can be promoted to the board for a number of reasons and we have no idea why Thelwell has been promoted.

On Thelsell, do you think we should be hiring his son, given the lad has no experience in the field?

So nobody has criticised Fosun then, or indeed called them lazy or stupid. In fact the only person who's written that is you.

Take your bile somwhere else.

Are you on drugs, or do you not even understand English?

It’s pretty simple - you bitch about Thelwell being completely ineffectual. I say Fosun wouldn’t have promoted him if he were completely ineffectual. You then say no one has complained about Fosun.

Do you seriously not follow that? I’d go to bed if i were you, you might be more use after some sleep.

It’s pretty simple - you bitch about Thelwell being completely ineffectual. I say Fosun wouldn’t have promoted him if he were completely ineffectual. You then say no one has complained about Fosun.

Do you seriously not follow that? I’d go to bed if i were you, you might be more use after some sleep.

So in your head you think I've criticised Fosun when I've done no such thing. You seem to have confused criticism of Thelwell with that of Fosun. Not an easy mistake to make and you've done that. I'm not sure logic is your strong suit.

I suggest you pop me on ignore as you clearly are just angling for a fight and have been personal from the off and frankly I think you'd be better off not wasting your time trying to take some sort of faux moral high ground.

No, I’ve said stating that your opinion that Thelwell is ineffective is based on nothing other than a keyboard warrior with no sources, and that fosun probably know better than you given their two And a half years of excellence, personal experience with the man, and promoting him recently. It’s not rocket science. He may well not be there forever if we keep going with this upward trajectory and they may replace him with someone better - but he’s clearly not ineffectual.

You know this, but tend to realise when you’ve lost the argument and try and build a straw man to knock down instead - but because this is well known now, it doesn’t work.

Just admit the Thelwell thing is just something else for you to bitch about with no insight or facts and we’re all good.

The bitching about Thelwell is just weird.

He’s immensely well regarded in the game. No one on here exactly knows what his role is, but we do know that the owners whom we respect and admire have seen fit to keep him on and promote him.

Yes, we could’ve done more transfer business in the summer, but the jump to some webmongs saying “Thelwell must be fired immediately” is odd.

The premise I'm struggling with is that any good players are due to Mendes or Nuno, any bad players come from Thelwell, the summer was all Thelwells fault and all this is blindingly obvious bto everyone and yet, Fosun / the board who know all this have still decided to promote Thelwell to the board

So who signed Renat Dadashov? We spent £1.4m on him and he wasn't apparently so surprised by Wolves interest that his agent had to convince him it wasn't a joke. I think whether it is Thelwell or not, it's a legitimate question for fans to wonder who is in charge of recruitment and who's responsible for signing players

So who signed Renat Dadashov? We spent £1.4m on him and he wasn't apparently so surprised by Wolves interest that his agent had to convince him it wasn't a joke. I think whether it is Thelwell or not, it's a legitimate question for fans to wonder who is in charge of recruitment and who's responsible for signing players

This is the bit I don’t understand with us at the minute.

We seem to be signing kids with no pedigree and no resale value? Like I know we’ve signed Neto, but for £12-18m you should hopefully get what you pay for.

I’ve obviously seen little of Jordao, but he looked competent. Did he look like someone who is going to get in our first team? No. Are we going to make a profit on him? Well that depends on what we paid, but unlikely.

We signed a 22 year old Cristovao who is nearly 23. Doesn’t start for the U23s.

Dadashov, nearly 21. Signed from the Portuguese second tier. We have players who have been top players in the top league at his age. He’s then gone on loan to a rubbish team in that league and he’s done nothing. Are we going to get resale value? Looks very unlikely.

Shabani looks like more the sort of player you’d expect at 20 who might do something. Shame he got injured. I have no idea what we paid though. But at least he was deemed good enough to be there or thereabouts at a big club with the odd appearance and has some international recognition for a nation known for producing talented youngsters.

I don’t think Rafa Mir needs any explanation. Baffling.

Could be deals to keep Mendes sweet. Might just be cheap punts on players to see if they improve.

Shabani was out of contract at Bayern I think.

For Dadashov, a potential link might be that he's Azerbaijani. Azerbaijan literally sponsored Atletico Madrid for a few seasons, Ateli are a Mendes club...

Might be as simple as someone in the Azerbaijani FA getting in close with Mendes and asking if he could take a young player they have and move him to a club where he's got a better chance to develop than Estoril.

Neves to Man Utd gathering pace.
Nothing in it in my mind, seems to be a few sites carrying oit

They are also claiming Jimenez is going there. It's bullshit unless they want to pay £200m for the pair.

Just don't see it, wouldn't have thought the current Man U team are a mouth watering proposition for either of them and unless Fosun are only here for short term money generation, why would we sell?

Back