• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett; The poll to end all polls (Part Deux)

Kenny Jackett; The poll to end all polls (Part Deux)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sing this to the tune of 'Tipperaray'.

'Goodbye Kenny Jackett,
Farewell Kev, as well.
It's a long, long way from real football,
It's closer to Hell.'

“It sets out as a 4-3-3, with two in the midfield capable of joining quickly, there’s potentially four players that can join that one single forward. As you get driven back, needs must, you have to defend, and that’s where we’ve been.”

KJ's words from the E&S.
There is no fucking way on the planet we're playing 4-3-3.

Where are these players that are joining the attack quickly? I haven't fucking seen them. We get driven back because we are set out so deep in the first place with Afobe standing around watching the ball get hoofed over his head.

There's no way it's 4-3-3.

On the subject of Afobe's performances: “Not bad. He’s not had too many chances, which usually generally he can get chances."

I don't even know. His treatment of Benik is starting to rankle with me now more than anything else. The boy has immense talent and potential and he's been taken for some sort of cunt by Kenny almost to the point I hope he leaves in January and scores the bucketful of goals we all know he's capable of elsewhere, if Jackett cant harness that talent he doesn't deserve to have it at his disposal.

He's being criminally wasted. He must be so, so angry at how the team around is being set up, and how he's asked to play.

We have one of the best strikers in the division. We should be setting ourselves up to get the best out of him not play a system that negates all of his qualities. Frustrated isn't the word.

We have one of the best strikers in the division. We should be setting ourselves up to get the best out of him not play a system that negates all of his qualities. Frustrated isn't the word.

As has been eluded to before, we have no faith in our defence, Kenny has no faith in our defence nor do the midfield, hence our 9-1 formation for at least an hour of every game !

Jackett can't believe those words surely? It's Saunders-sequel delusion.

Might be the scariest thing I've heard him say. If he truly sent them out to play 4-3-3 vs Brighton and they ended up like this* then we have a serious problem.

Ikeme
Iorfa Batth EEL Doherty
Coady McDonald Edwards
Henry ---------------------------Graham

Afobe​

I suppose he is of the school of management and PR to try and spin things every time. But the world has moved on and if you play badly most managers will have to admit that. Even Wenger has admitted this over the last few seasons from time to time and only the crazy Van Gaal is seriously in denial..

It just makes Jackett look silly, for which I feel sorry for him now as it's getting embarrassing.

It very much depends if you can get the two wide men close to him.

From the same interview that completely contradicts the following statement about four players able to join Afobe. Neither happen anyway so it's contradictory yarbles instead of just yarbles.

Decided to give my view on things after having been able to watch a fair few matches in the past two months. First of all I can understand why Kenny has set up in a more defensive way in the past couple of games. There was a clear slide towards the lower end of the table due to us leaking goals and he's stopped that. Yes, the football is unbearable. Like really, really bad BUT it has gotten us 9 points that keeps a faint play-off push alive.

As long as this football gets results Kenny is proven right. I do however very much doubt this football will continue to get results seeing as two of the last 3 wins were very lucky in my opinion. The question is whether Kenny sees it this way too or that he believes that these 9 points are down to the defensive and counter-attacking masterclass we gave our opponents. I guess time will tell but I can understand why many still want him to go considering it doesn't sound like these tactics will be changing any time soon.

KJ's words from the E&S.
There is no fucking way on the planet we're playing 4-3-3.

I'm afraid he really has mate. It's on the OS:
http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/kenny-afobes-role-2885208.aspx
“Benik’s not had too many chances, where usually generally he can get chances,” said Jackett.

“But as a side it’s been needs must.

“He’s been committed, worked hard and showed a good attitude and generally dug in.

“It very much depends if you can get the two wide men close to him.

“It (the formation) sets out as a 4-3-3, with two in the midfield capable of joining quickly, there’s potentially four players that can join that one single forward.

“As you get driven back, needs must, you have to defend, and that’s where we’ve been.”

Back