• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

KJ Recount: Has KJ Lost all support

Kenny Jackett IN or OUT (closes 18/12)

• Total voters
Voted "OUT", as I did last time. I think nothing will happen until the end of the season, though - isn't KJ on a rolling one-year contract (again the scrimp and save option)?

It's a pity Sky One doesn't still have the fictional series "Dream Team" in its schedules, or any plans to bring it back. The saga at Wolves over the last five seasons would provide so many storylines. The double relegation, the clear-out of the trouble-making mercenaries, the youth players coming through, the bargain basement signings that prove to be gems, the plethora of useless ones which were huge mistakes, the Chairman (allegedly) walking away after buying the club for a Tenner and getting abuse from a minority of fans (as well as away supporters?), the lunatic Chief Executive (allegedly) more interested in pie sales than performances on the pitch, a head coach so cool for two seasons then suddenly becomes a rabbit in headlights (and unable to defend his constant playing of a largely ineffective attacking midlfielder - what will be the "big reveal" as to why this is constantly happening?), the revolving door of potential new owners whose motivations are far from obvious (wishful thinking?), the succession of injuries to loan players after the loan window has shut, the bizarre recall of a very handy loan player who is then not even on the bench for the team he is contracted to, and will the Chief Executive risk a fan revolt by selling their biggest playing asset in the January transfer window?

Meanwhile, you look at the team - Batth, Iorfa, Byrne, Graham, Price, McDonald, Afobe as your magnificent 7, plus ALF on loan, and Martinez to come back this season, and in effect we are just two January signings (bar any more injuries) away from a Championship-winning team.

As Lord Sugar would no doubt say to KJ to round off the season by uttering the immortal words... "On reflection, Kenny, it is with regret I have to say... YOU'RE FIRED!".

Some interesting points, for as bad as the season has been we could be a good transfer window away from getting back on track.

Very true. Anybody got the lottery numbers I've never won that.

I stayed with "IN" as it is a terrible time to change management with the club still in limbo

I stayed with "IN" as it is a terrible time to change management with the club still in limbo

That's the only reason for keeping him isn't it? Clubs in limbo/frightened we get someone worse. No one has advanced a positive reason for keeping the poor old plodder

I'm shrouded in doubt still and have been for a while.
I like the bloke but I'm still unconvinced he's going to do it for us.
I think he gets 'out tactic'ed' by teams and has made several shit sub decisions and picked odd teams frequently.

But now isn't the time to get rid.
We're not gonna go down, but we sure aren't gonna go up either, so keep the seat warm Kenny, you'll go into next season or until we get a new owner then we'll review where we are...
So 'IN'.

That's the only reason for keeping him isn't it? Clubs in limbo/frightened we get someone worse. No one has advanced a positive reason for keeping the poor old plodder

I think that if we get a new man in then the club changes hands the new owner then changes the manager again . Too much upheaval for me .
Let the new owner sack him

I am still with KJ. I believe that Morgan was already making plans to leave during the summer. This would have made a difference to the players that we would be able to bring to Wolves. When several posters were saying that the club wasn't showing enough ambition, during the summer, they were shown to be right.
Moxey is the common denominator to years of under achieving at Molineux.

Hmm not sure how much of our current predicament we should be putting down to Moxey.

He's not the one picking Edwards every week, for a start.

Stance hasn't changed from last time - I don't trust an ownerless (or at least an owner looking to get out) club to get the replacement right. The apathy is alarming though, if we weren't searching for a new owner I think I'd lean towards finding a new manager, as much as I respect what KJ did in his first few years

I don't really buy into the 'we are up for sale so lets keep him' argument. If we appoint a good manager doing a good job and get taken over, then invariably they'll keep their job when taken over...McCarthy being a good example. We could and probably will be up for sale for a couple of years, you cannot keep a manager in place for that long just because you are up for sale.....still think we won't get rid this year though

For me it's the lack of ambition this season - no real attempt to win even when faced with another equally mediocre championship team.

Would rather we gave it a real go than just fiddle around the way we are. There is enough in the squad to not get relegated however we approach matches unless we had a complete idiot as manager, which for all his failings KJ is not.

Agree though tthat change in the short term is unlikely unless we are in real danger of relegation.

I don't really buy into the 'we are up for sale so lets keep him' argument. If we appoint a good manager doing a good job and get taken over, then invariably they'll keep their job when taken over...McCarthy being a good example. We could and probably will be up for sale for a couple of years, you cannot keep a manager in place for that long just because you are up for sale.....still think we won't get rid this year though

I agree. Plus a new manager with an upturn in results and performance will make us a more attractive package with real Premier League ambitions.

Also, Morgan being out of the picture is a good thing when appointing a new manager! Cough, Solbakken, cough, Saunders, vomit.

I agree. Plus a new manager with an upturn in results and performance will make us a more attractive package with real Premier League ambitions.

Also, Morgan being out of the picture is a good thing when appointing a new manager! Cough, Solbakken, cough, Saunders, vomit.

I bet he still gets final say on things. He wouldn't be able to help himself.

Wouldn't you?

No, if you step back and hand all dealings to a CEO then that's exactly what should happen. You have to back your staff and if you don't you get new ones that you do.

Has to be clearing his desk in the morning. No excuses for this.

Massacred by an appalling team.

Back