• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lasting Memories

Standing right at the front of the South bank, right behind the the post and Derek Dougan standing there on the line with a defender tight up against him, he turns to look at us and points to the guys armpits and pulls a face... (Smelly armpits!)
Everyone falling about. Only time I've ever seen a player interact with the crowd.

Aside from the obvious, the two that really stick in my head were the penalty shootout comeback against Sheffield Wednesday (fucking incredible atmosphere) and Bothroyd scoring a pretty tidy goal against West Brom.

Watching Vis sail over my head and end up about five rows in front during the mental greeting the winner in the 3-2 at the Valley.

Man Utd home in the cup in 2019, taking spurs apart second half at Wembley 2018.
Drinking in the centre of Braga on the Wednesday before the game reminding ourselves we were there on merit.
Anybody from my generation will always hold Cardiff 2003 in high regard. Weird feeling after that game and realising we we’re finally a top flight side again.

I don't have dw's memory for dates and shit, but the game against leeds at molineux.
Wolves wer accused of taking bribes before the game as a leeds win would have given them the league.
Atmosphere against leeds was toxic, ground was packed to the rafters, i like many had to climb over a gate to get in, and spent the match halfway up a floodlight.
We won, 2-1 i think.

Back