• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lasting Memories

Alan

…unlucky Del - No chance 😉
Reaction score
Figured we could all use a little nostalgia right about now.

Idea here is to pick one football figure and talk about the most vivid memory you have of them. Could be positive, could be negative, whatever floats for you. One per post, ideally (though I don't intend to enforce that).

Could be a moment from a game, some press conference shenanigans, or that time you saw Doherty out getting groceries so you waved and flipped him the bird.

Get our minds off of the current state of things, ay? Have at it, if you like.

EDIT: I guess I posted this on the Wolves side of the forum so keep it Old Gold. 😎

That 5-1 drubbing of Forest is always my favourite memory of Wolves. Jarvis and Kightly were absolutely sensational that day and had their fullbacks on toast all afternoon. A proper performance.

Bonatiniiii against Villa. Best atmosphere at Wolves I’ve experienced.

Fucking up the club costs £30m+ a piece though.

The 3-2 at Villa as well.

I was stood on the very back row, AikiWolf was stood towards the front. After the winner went in we met somewhere in the middle. :ROFLMAO:

Mutch crosses Bully controls and buries the ball into the net. 89th minute winner at The Hawthorns, the Smethwick end was probably the best ape shit I've ever had on a terrace. I was right on the fence and got smashed so many times but didn't feel it till next day. The 79 bus trip back to town was also the best bus trip I've ever had. It's a wonder the bus didn't topple, back then you could open the back top window, flags out, people out. Magic memories.

Standing in Torino's stadium to watch an actual European away game. The atmosphere was unreal.

That one is unlikely to be topped anytime soon.
The whole day was great. Was told to “watch out” but sat in the square drinking all afternoon with no issues whatsoever. Up there with the best away trip ever.

The FA Cup win v Man Utd was my highlight - we were in a Bathams pub in Gornal beforehand, the whole build up was incredible, and the performance matched it. We looked like a proper team that night.

Also, taking (not so) Mini Langers to the opening Europa League qualify in the crazy heat v Crusaders. Yes, it was 'only' Crusaders but I couldn't believe I was watching my team in a European tie.

Oh and Cardiff 2003 obvs. Except the hangover the next day. Brutal.

Mutch crosses Bully controls and buries the ball into the net. 89th minute winner at The Hawthorns, the Smethwick end was probably the best ape shit I've ever had on a terrace. I was right on the fence and got smashed so many times but didn't feel it till next day. The 79 bus trip back to town was also the best bus trip I've ever had. It's a wonder the bus didn't topple, back then you could open the back top window, flags out, people out. Magic memories.
Yep, that's mine too. You had to go through the 80s to understand what that meant, was much more than just beating a local rival.

5 vivid memories in no particular order
  • Stearman scoring away at Liverpool in the cup
  • Kightly scoring away at Forest
  • Neves V Derby
  • Ryan Bennet's challenge on Willian
  • Doing the Thunderclap to Bodvarsson at Reading away when he missed a sitter in front of us (after he'd left us obvs)

A miserable evening game. Carlos Teves scoring, running towards me and doing his bum wiggle celebration. Merry Christmas

I'm an old bastard I've seen it all, two league Cup finals, play off final but for me the pre pandemic Nuno years for me when I had to pinch myself to realise I was watching a Wolves team.

I also remember once opening the Transfer Thread on here and we had signed someone decent.

What a day that was and when knew it would never happen again...

I also remember once opening the Transfer Thread on here and we had signed someone decent.

What a day that was and when knew it would never happen again...
20 July 2023?

Edit: Spotted the caveat of "decent". Shame, that's ruined a perfectly good, half arsed joke.

Back