• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Laurie Dalrymple has left the club

The conspiracy theories will be rife.

FWIW, I reckon a headhunter has been in touch, he didn't rebuff the call/offer and he was found out.

If it was too serious he wouldn't have been put on garden leave.

I said yesterday social media was unbearable, today is another level.

God we need something to ease the heat.

The conspiracy theories will be rife.

FWIW, I reckon a headhunter has been in touch, he didn't rebuff the call/offer and he was found out.

If it was too serious he wouldn't have been put on garden leave.
You can't sack someone for talking to other people though. It's very difficult to enforce a non-compete when someone has directly left for a competitor let alone just had a chat.

Exactly.

It's not like he has done anything that could be classed as misconduct. He would be suspended for investigation at that point.

It’s not good news but some buffoons are going into meltdown on Twitter, we’ve not just been put up for sale or Nuno hasn’t left. Far far worse scenario’s could occur.

This concerns me more than us not bringing any players in tbh. I know he isn't directly involved in the football side but he was doing good work and he seemed a good guy. Strange one.

He was great at the PR stuff, but I always thought the top level commercial side was a bridge to far; I doubt he brought enough to the table in terms of revenue generation and finance management. It certainly won't effect the football or transfer side of things, and I don't think he'll be much of a loss commercially. Jeff hasn't got to where he is without the ability to spot a chancer, and he also knows when the value of continuity has run out

Disappointing news.

Hope we sign someone decent soon, to give the pant wetters something positive to talk about.

I said yesterday social media was unbearable, today is another level.
The amount of people saying “I knew something was up but didn’t want to mention it” Yeah right.

Translated

LOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATME

Avoid social media. Your lives will improve.

Pant wetters now saying we aren't going to be signing anyone now Laurie has gone,I gave up trying to explain,was like trying to explain to a dog what Norway is

They'll all shut up when signings arrive. Avoid burning bandwidth in the meantime. You know it makes sense.

If he is behind those horrific new tops, that should be enough to get him fired tbf

Losing Laurie feels like a big blow, whatever the cause, but I think if we've learned anything at all about Fosun at this point it's that they are absolutely ruthless when they feel someone has reached their ceiling AND they are absolutely stellar at bringing in the right people.

I'm a little saddened, but not worried, ultimately.

There's a lot of over reaction in this thread. Who would've expected the promoted marketing manager to not be CEO material #shocker

There's a lot of over reaction in this thread. Who would've expected the promoted marketing manager to not be CEO material #shocker
Wouldn't say it's an over reaction on here. Laurie has done a great job in terms of connecting the club and fans. Always seemed open to comments so you felt your voice was heard. So rightly people are shocked he has gone so abruptly.

If you want to see what a proper overreaction is pop onto Twitter and read the comments.

Doesn't concern me particularly, but after years of spin, bullshit, being patronised and told what to think by Moxey he was a breath of fresh air

Back