• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Are the Fosun years coming to an end?

Note to other Admins: Can we get a font that is like a large red crayon to make things easier to read

Ok, so the person you trust is talking bollocks. In this instance it doesn't matter if they are a random off the street, your best mate or someone that is after a cheap pint of Carling. The 3 things points out via the Athletic are the truth. 2 of them are so no nailed down in fact, they can't be moved.
They have been after investment for a while we all know that.
The message I got from out of the club was, it's not true.

I can only take that as face value, the guy I got it from went and told someone about the story, he came back to me and said it's not true.

Ever thought the club might lie?

They have been after investment for a while we all know that.
The message I got from out of the club was, it's not true.

I can only take that as face value, the guy I got it from went and told someone about the story, he came back to me and said it's not true.
So the companies used by Fosun to help them find investment were just asked to do so and earn ££ for the lolz and bantz?

Ever thought the club might lie?
Could be those in the club don't know.
However I think they would have briefed the staff, and told them what they wanted saying, for something this big it would not be downright Lie, not that Fosun don't have history of lying

So the companies used by Fosun to help them find investment were just asked to do so and earn ££ for the lolz and bantz?

There is a difference between investment, and full sale.

It would surprise me if there was a full sale, given the noises about Wolves being an Integral part of Fosun for years to come.

I do think Fosun may have Cash Flow Issues, Financial issues which is why we are not signing anyone.

From the early stages of it being announced about investment it was mentioned if someone comes along with an offer to buy the club and it was seemingly too good to turn down they would look at it. They are an investment company and if someone pops along and offers them a huge return on their investment they are banking the cash and running away.

It is more about the investment side though as no fooker is going to offer the kind of money that would make Fosun think its time to sell.

Sorry if there is an existing post about any possibility (however unlikely) of a new ground, but why can't Fosun look at something like this for a new Wolves ground in the city centre in combination with a new housing scheme that is already proposed for the site around Culwell Street called Brewers Yard.....

Of course it costs money, and its not mine, but Anchor Housing are working with Luton Town for their new city centre ground. Couldn't a new housing scheme be built around a new Molineux there, but is there enough potential space?

This link gives some idea of the work at Luton......................

As long as it isn't by the M54 and out of town of course! And of course it would be better just to upgrade Molineux.

Last edited:
Two problems. Finding a space still close enough to the centre that was big enough for a housing scheme as well. Secondly, the Molineux covenants mean it has to be used for a sporting purpose for something like the next thousand years so you can’t just slap up houses on it.

The two most likely things are either developing Molineux within the current footprint, bar extending the south bank over the fan zone and old wanderer site, or persuading Asda to sell, building three quarters of a new ground before demolishing the old and building a new South Bank to the new ground over where the north is now, so still having some of the ground within the footprint covered by the covenants.

At the moment I don’t think either are immediately likely. If it was me (haha like I would quite like to have billions) the only route is extend the south bank to allow Steve Bull STHs to be accommodated whilst that stand was replaced. No way will we need the capacity to do the full rebuild and upgrade the Billy Wright.

Totally accept all these points (except I'm no scouser), and especially that we just need Molineux to be upgraded.

Just frustrating isn't it seeing Luton having such exciting plans, Forest expanding their ground, Villa doing the same.

I’m personally delighted for Luton to be finally getting a new ground as I grew up in the area (well just outside Tring but near enough) and Kenilworth Road has been a dump for all the time I can remember and the capacity is woeful.

Forest have some nice looking extension plans but they are just plans at the moment. They may push on but the could end up on the same dilemma as we did with Morgan after the North Bank went up. Relegation probably brings the whole thing to a halt.

Villa are just increasing to about 50k aren’t they and upgrading facilities. That seems sensible and they will probably fill it for the big games.

The other thing is there are only certain builders who do grounds. Buckingham Group who did the north have gone pop and left Liverpool and I think Fulham with half finished projects. Laings are a bit busy with Everton.

Luton we’re doing there’s regardless of whether they were promoted or not - hence why they had to partner with a housing company as they wouldn’t be able to afford it otherwise.

Forest talk a good game but they’ve not actually done anything substantial towards it. I wasn’t aware of Villa.

Luton we’re doing there’s regardless of whether they were promoted or not - hence why they had to partner with a housing company as they wouldn’t be able to afford it otherwise.

Forest talk a good game but they’ve not actually done anything substantial towards it. I wasn’t aware of Villa.
Villa? It's a decent sized football club in B'ham, just off the M6😀

I wonder if Palace will ever do that stand at Selhurst with the roof supposedly looking like the wings of an eagle? It looked bloody awful in the architects proposal.

Fosun won't ever redevelop Molineux beyond anything which is a legal requirement. There's no incentive for them to do so as it'd add little long term value to club and in the short term will reduce revenue for a period of time and of course cost millions to do. At the moment they won't even give it a lick of paint

I think that is pretty much clear from their current stance. At least until the Steve Bull actually gets condemned or something. Which is short-sighted as you end up with two seasons of drastically reduced capacity while that stand is sorted unless you extend the south bank first. But it is what it is I guess.

I wonder if Palace will ever do that stand at Selhurst with the roof supposedly looking like the wings of an eagle? It looked bloody awful in the architects proposal.
Just making it so that you can see the pitch would be an improvement. You shouldn't need to install television screens on the inside of the roof so that the back 20 rows can watch the game.

Back