• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Are the Fosun years coming to an end?

That away end is a fucking death trap as well. When I went with DW we were both more than a bit uncomfortable worried in there.

Fosun won't ever redevelop Molineux beyond anything which is a legal requirement. There's no incentive for them to do so as it'd add little long term value to club and in the short term will reduce revenue for a period of time and of course cost millions to do. At the moment they won't even give it a lick of paint

They're more likely to move it than redevelop it. If you popped it somewhere like the i54 or similar and made it a concert venue like Villa Park you have another revenue stream.

They're more likely to move it than redevelop it. If you popped it somewhere like the i54 or similar and made it a concert venue like Villa Park you have another revenue stream.
That'll never happen either politically, logistically or financially.

The covenant on the ground and the reliance of local business on match days would scupper that particularly so as the land by i54 is in Staffordshire and not Wolverhampton.

JLR now essentially own the rest of the land at i54.

If Fosun ( FOSUN) do decide to do the ground (or these new owners we were getting last week) it will be a Spurs job.
Get Asda gone etc etc

So about £9.9bn? Not to be sniffed at! Although revenue surely equates to sales not profit.

The only thing that will make Fosun do anything on the stadium is when the Steve Bull starts crumbling / gets condemned.

Taste is personal isn’t it! If you like it that’s fine, same as me really disliking it

Totally, I dont have a problem with you disliking it, but grim is not the word I would have used to describe it.
Have you seen the current Selhurst Park???

Seen it, been there, hate it. I mentioned it was a death trap a page ago.

It looks like Captain Scarlet’s hat.

I don't think they've necessarily bought Wolves to make money, I think they're hoping we would be financially sustainable by now - which isn't the case because we've overspent on tripe.
And I’m concerned we are continuing to do that. Hope I’m wrong tho, but whilst I understand selling Nunes not their fault and getting good value at least (£53m), the quality of the replacements we are currently getting or trying for looks like preparing us for the Chump.

Really hope that’s not the case. Small weak immobile CMs and slowish strikers. The Leicester striker would give me more hope.

Fosun keep a lot of their money outside of China already

Back