• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

League Cup 2nd Round v Sheff Wed Build Up Thread

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Can easily see 11 full changes for this game with the West Ham game ahead.

..................Ruddy

....Batth....Dendoncker....Hause

Oskar*....Saiss....MGW....Vinagre

Traore....Bonatini.....Bright

*Unless Phil or Iorfa are given a chance to rescue their Wolves careers. More than likely be Oskar, as we can't really risk Doc or Jonny in this game.

Be surprised if any of the Group 3 make an appearance unless we are trying to put them in the shop window for a loan - not sure that they are even training with the first team squad now

I reckon it will be Buur at right back- definitely can't play Doc if he had a concussion IMO.

Hopefully see Giles, John and Goncalves on the bench too. That team Kenny has put should be more than enough to win as well

I don’t want to see Burr play. Rest of suggested team is fine. Wouldn’t be against Giles either

I don’t want to see Burr play. Rest of suggested team is fine. Wouldn’t be against Giles either

Problem is, who else do we play at RWB considering the other obvious options currently have a bad case of bombsquaditus?

Problem is, who else do we play at RWB considering the other obvious options currently have a bad case of bombsquaditus?

Well I’d play Iorfa or Phil for starters. I’d even suggest Vinagre or Giles on the wrong side if that was the only option.

I would give German Phil a go but it is highly unlikely. I can't see us giving Giles his full debut on the wrong side in a position he is still learning. If Rubes was an option to move over, I think we may have done it last season when Doc was suspended. Which leaves us with Doc, Jonny or Oskar. Just can't see us risking the current 1st choice WB's

....................Ruddy

....... .Saiss....Batth....Hause

Burr....Dendoncker....MGW....Vinagre

Traore......Bonatini.......Bright

Can easily see 11 full changes for this game with the West Ham game ahead.

..................Ruddy

....Batth....Dendoncker....Hause

Oskar*....Saiss....MGW....Vinagre

Traore....Bonatini.....Bright

*Unless Phil or Iorfa are given a chance to rescue their Wolves careers. More than likely be Oskar, as we can't really risk Doc or Jonny in this game.
I think it'll be this team. Hoping to see Buur get his second goal!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Vinagre doesn’t have to be an option there, he just has to be a square peg in a round hole for one game. Now it’s not ideal at all but I want to play a competitive team and win. I’d prefer a square peg than playing a player who I don’t think will forge a career greater than L2

What have you got against Burr? He hasn't looked too bad in the games he's played, even scored a goal.

I'd prefer him to two older players who don't have a future here.

I think it'll be Kenny's team and I'd say it's pretty much spot on.

I’ve seen him play and don’t think he is anything like good enough (maybe I’m harsh, maybe I’m wrong, either way it’s my opinion). He came on against Hull and the players wouldn’t even pass to him (was similar against Rovers too, probably because he mis controlled it or lost it every time he had it). In the end against Hull the opposition completely ignored him because we wouldn’t him the ball and he snook in and scored.

I’ve seen him play and don’t think he is anything like good enough (maybe I’m harsh, maybe I’m wrong, either way it’s my opinion). He came on against Hull and the players wouldn’t even pass to him (was similar against Rovers too, probably because he mis controlled it or lost it every time he had it). In the end against Hull the opposition completely ignored him because we wouldn’t him the ball and he snook in and scored.

The players wouldn't pass to him? Not sure that's a thing mate :icon_lol:

Fair enough though if you don't rate him. Nuno must see something though otherwise he'd be out on loan with Aaron Hayden at Stourbridge.

The players wouldn't pass to him? Not sure that's a thing mate :icon_lol:

Fair enough though if you don't rate him. Nuno must see something though otherwise he'd be out on loan with Aaron Hayden at Stourbridge.

Me and my mates made reference to how funny it was at the time! Not sure we can say he rates him though when he as played by default and Nuno literally tried everything else against Hull before he came on (and he had to do something because Cav there was a car crash). We’ve got tons of players dossing around in the U23s who have no future here and don’t / haven’t had a loan move.

Hope he plays and score a hat trick!

Buur almost certainly won't have a career at Wolves, however, there are no real alternatives for this game. Unless we play someone out of position or play Jonny there but I'd expect him to be rested.

Got my ticket (and not just for the loyalty points) Can’t say I’ve had many enjoyable trips to Hillsborough but a few pints prematch in Sheffield is usually the highlight of the day.

Buur almost certainly won't have a career at Wolves, however, there are no real alternatives for this game. Unless we play someone out of position or play Jonny there but I'd expect him to be rested.

Jonny looked completely knackered when he went off yesterday - be very surprised if he is on the team sheet to start

Back