• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

League Cup 2nd Round v Sheff Wed Build Up Thread

2700 tickets sold.

There will be a % of that total that don't even go as folk use this game as a way of getting 10 points on their loyalty total

Why pay £15 for 10 loyalty points? Barmy.

One of the youngsters supposedly starting tonight. Dendoncker in the back three, Saiss in midfield. Coady and Doc stay in. Not sure on others, assume Hause, Vinagre, Traore & Leo all definitely start.

Doherty the irresistible force. He'll fuck us again soon and then it'll be OK to slag him off again briefly.

Thanks GFFH, so based on that a guess of:

Ruddy

Dendonker
Coady
Hause

Doherty
Pedro
Saiss
Vinagre

Traore
Bonatini
MGW

If correct I'd say Bright and Batth are off. That's too much of a kick in the balls for Danny for him not to be.

Dendoncker can play the Coady role according to Thelwell, he was very specific in which roles he sees him playing DM, RCB or holding CB.

On that basis I would imagine the back 3 will be Hause - Dendoncker - Batth

Ignore me just seen above Coady playing, seems odd to me but there you go.

Thanks GFFH, so based on that a guess of:

Ruddy

Dendonker
Coady
Hause

Doherty
Pedro
Saiss
Vinagre

Traore
Bonatini
MGW

If correct I'd say Bright and Batth are off. That's too much of a kick in the balls for Danny for him not to be.
by Pedro you mean Goncalves, I think hes on loan as im sure Sellars went over to watch him?

From Jonzy on the Mix (usually spot on with line-ups in advance):

Ruddy
Doherty
Dendoncker
Coady
Hause
Vinagre
Saiss
Watt
Traore
Bonatini
MGW

Yep, great opportunity for him. Bright and Batth must be off on loan then.

Didn't Goncalves play last night?

From Jonzy on the Mix (usually spot on with line-ups in advance):

Ruddy
Doherty
Dendoncker
Coady
Hause
Vinagre
Saiss
Watt
Traore
Bonatini
MGW
Lovely balance to that side with some youth it it. I think I get the Dendoncker logic, Nuno wants to see how he plays alongside Coady at a lower level before chucking him in. That side would do well in the Champ playoffs at the very least!

Really wouldn't want to see Doherty out there - apart from footballing reasons really didn't look right after the head clash on Saturday & only 3 days will have passed.

Even if he says he is fine would rather he have a week's rest to ensure that there are no after effevcts

Back