• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

League Cup 2nd Round v Sheff Wed Build Up Thread

I'd play Iorfa, really don't think Buur is good enough.

Got my ticket (and not just for the loyalty points) Can’t say I’ve had many enjoyable trips to Hillsborough but a few pints prematch in Sheffield is usually the highlight of the day.

I remember a very enjoyable day there. Goals by Seyi and Eastwood. Excellent beers beforehand. I walked out of the ground and DW took great pleasure in telling me that Wales had lost to Fiji in the Rugby World Cup.

I reckon Giles will play rather than Ruben Jr.

Was speed reading through this thread and read that as 'I reckon Gilkes will play' checked my watch to make sure i hadn't gone back in time 20 years :)

Id play Buur, he has more of a future here than phil or iorfa.

Too much water has gone under the bridge here for Iorfa, which is sad as he showed some early promise

Not really progressed out on loan so wouldn't expect him to be part of our journey now.

Too much water has gone under the bridge here for Iorfa, which is sad as he showed some early promise

Not really progressed out on loan so wouldn't expect him to be part of our journey now.

Real shame. Langers wanted him to be I. Team of the year 2016. Gone downhill since then

With the loan window closing this week I can't see us jeopardising the chance of moving someone like Iorfa out for this game.

Buur is miles away from being good enough and Doc and Jonny should not be risked for this. Sadly I think it will be Buur but if it were me I would whack Phil in there just to have someone remotely competent to give us a better chance of reaching the next round.

Agree that Dendoncker will most likely play the Coady role will be very interesting to see how he does, apart from Batth its a decent back 3.

I also wouldn't risk Traore he looks primed and ready to start a premier league game now and as good as Costa was against City I will be surprised if he isn't dropped for Traore now.

I also wouldn't risk Traore he looks primed and ready to start a premier league game now and as good as Costa was against City I will be surprised if he isn't dropped for Traore now.

No chance Traore is starting ahead of Costa after how he played against City. Dangerous going forward but also worked hard and solid defensively. We saw after 5 mins why Traore would not have been a good idea to start in that one. However Burnley at home, get him in. Stephen Ward’s having nightmare already.

So Dendoncker...didn't make the bench last Saturday but folks seem to think he will start this?

Me and my mates made reference to how funny it was at the time! Not sure we can say he rates him though when he as played by default and Nuno literally tried everything else against Hull before he came on (and he had to do something because Cav there was a car crash). We’ve got tons of players dossing around in the U23s who have no future here and don’t / haven’t had a loan move.

Hope he plays and score a hat trick!

Why was he on the bench if thats the case. I do remember he was not great but he was nervous which makes first touch harder. Scored though.
Generally we do seem to have held on to youngsters too long when the are more than ready to be shipped out. It helps no-one in the end.

Giles and Bright as the IFs I would have thought.

No point risking Traore, Costa or Jota

Well Oskar won't be playing tomorrow as he starts for the U23's tonight.

Looks like Giles and Goncalves will be involved though

Will the match be on WolvesTV this evening, as not shaown on OS yet

Back