• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Let's talk about Nuno....

“The world is changing and I’m really afraid that being selfish will be our worst mistake, and I cannot allow that.” Nuno's last sentence in his interview with Johnny Phillips in the E&S.
If more people had this attitude the world would certainly be a much better place.

What a guy he is. And he's right about the pack mentality. Community spirit isn't just about supporting when everything is rosy. The support really matters when there is adversity. It boiled my piss when i kept seeing people having a go at him. He's human, and is suffering like everyone else is in this pandemic situation. Let's support him like he is doing us.

Ah - this is a better place to put this.
I just replied where you posted it before. Thanks for putting this up. Agree with PLF. I don't care how it ends up with the football side. You ain't getting a better man than Nuno in our lifetime at this club. That is a fact.

There are all of the rumours on the cesspit that is Twitter that he has been sacked. Can't see it myself though...

There are all of the rumours on the cesspit that is Twitter that he has been sacked. Can't see it myself though...
Don't do Twitter but is there anything to suggest there is any credibility to this?

Just ITK crap saw someone say it would be done Monday which makes no sense either. Always keep an eye on the bookies odds who usually have an early inclination that somethings imminent 7/1 last I saw which far to high.

Not really. Just one person claiming to be ITK and he has shortened odds on some betting sites apparently (33/1 last week and 8/2 now).

It takes virtually no money to move manager markets.

I don't think it's on the horizon at all.

Yep - only takes some on Twitter lumping a few quid on.

I agree with Dan: I can't see it. This is literally the only major rough patch we have had in his tenure. He will get through it, it just needs to happen a bit quicker than it is!

I don't think he could have many complaints if it happened.

Nope. And it'll either be now, the Summer or by Christmas anyway. I'm not very confident at all that he'll be able to turn it around. We're a confused mess, and tbh so is he.

I don't think he could have many complaints if it happened.

1 win in 11 league games, you could count numerous managers at this level who’ve gone for less.
I think it’s closer than some think tho, lose both games in the next 8 days could leave him in severe danger.

it would be one thing if there seemed a point or direction while losing, but we just seem completely aimless. can't imagine he will survive much more flailing, or that the board views his tenure as unquestionable? but I also wonder who we could possibly get in in the meantime

it would be one thing if there seemed a point or direction while losing, but we just seem completely aimless. can't imagine he will survive much more flailing, or that the board views his tenure as unquestionable? but I also wonder who we could possibly get in in the meantime
There is no one out there for this job right now. It's not just a manager you'd change, but the whole structure of the club which has been built around the current manager/staff/players. It would be suicide to get rid of our most successful manager for decades. Beware what you wish for anyone who wants nuno out.

Right Nuno, drastic times call for drastic measures. Time to shave the beard off and a number one on top - it's time to fight!

Pretty sure they’ll be looking already if they’re thinking about his position Fosun generally tend to act pretty quickly.
All rough patches in all previous seasons were resolved far quicker than this one. Since the Arsenal win we’ve put in some pretty woeful displays, yes some good ie Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd but the majority have been sub standard. I’m desperate for him to turn it around but I’m getting less and less confident.
Wednesday wasn’t pretty but we seemed to have some fight back. Conceding first virtually every game is causing a serious harm to confidence.
One win might just turn this on its head but seriously where is it coming a lot seemed to think it would be today.

Back