• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Let's talk about Nuno....

Who do we think the options would be, if Nuno did go? Is Pochetino too big for us? Would our shortlist just be Silva and Lopetegiu or whatever his name was? Would Gerrard be a consideration?

Poch manages PSG, Del.

I don't see any reason why Lopetegui would leave Sevilla for us - they're on a roll.

I presume that one of the points of the head coach structure is that you have continuity when the man at the top moves on, so I'd imagine the club have solutions in mind for whenever/however Nuno departs.

I can't see the club going for the predictable managerial merry go round tbh. Do we think that Fosun will lean on the advice of Mendes again when that day comes? If so, I could see the likes of Amorim at Sporting being considered for the step up.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/ruben-amorim-sporting-cp

Part of me would still like to see what Wilder would do with a squad that's equipped for more than middle table Championship. Would be a huge gamble though.

Not a lot of stand out candidates.

Dont want Nuno to go, but IF he did must be a manager that are more into attacking and trying to score goals rahter than defending and scoring less

Part of me would still like to see what Wilder would do with a squad that's equipped for more than middle table Championship. Would be a huge gamble though.

Not a lot of stand out candidates.
they pressed high against man u

There are plenty of good coaches out there but as PrawnKing says it's hard to to see the club looking at the usual in vogue suspects.

I just don't want a new coach. I just want Nuno to fix it. I think he will get there eventually.
me too

There are plenty of good coaches out there but as PrawnKing says it's hard to to see the club looking at the usual in vogue suspects.

I just don't want a new coach. I just want Nuno to fix it. I think he will get there eventually.

Does Nuno need a fresh addition to his coaching team in the close season to shake things up? He's been with us close to four years now and the same old voice can diminish in effectiveness over time

Does Nuno need a fresh addition to his coaching team in the close season to shake things up? He's been with us close to four years now and the same old voice can diminish in effectiveness over time
I dunno, maybe. There's always a case for that (Fergie was very good at it wasn't he, refreshing his backroom staff).

It's looking more and more like he (Nuno) needs the season to end so he can go see his family, refresh, reset as he's underperforming and he doesn't look so happy. I just think we need to get to the end of the season without something disastrous happening. A couple of lucky wins will help alleviate any fears about that.

Get two wins on the bounce (dream ) and Nuno will be touted for the mayor of Wolverhampton.

I agree with this and he has dealt with adversity before and come through it but this time it looks and feels different.

It seems weird to think about his successor and a bit disrespectful.

I agree with this and he has dealt with adversity before and come through it but this time it looks and feels different.

It seems weird to think about his successor and a bit disrespectful.
It does. I don't like it at all. I understand why people have got to this point, but I personally can't get my head round the idea of people wanting to ditch him at the first sign of trouble, with where he has taken this club. That might make me overly sentimental but that's how I feel.

It's looking more and more like he (Nuno) needs the season to end so he can go see his family, refresh, reset as he's underperforming and he doesn't look so happy. I just think we need to get to the end of the season without something disastrous happening. A couple of lucky wins will help alleviate any fears about that.

That's the preferred scenario, have to say I think comebacks like that in football aren't the norm though.

Maybe we'll look back on this season in 12 months and see that covid was the aberration. I hope so, cos we can't have a manager and team that only perform when everything's rosy and the sun is (metaphorically) shining

My take which I have posted on Facebook:

October 2020: Nuno, Manager of the Month yet again. The man who has taken us from lower Championship to Europe in 3 years. An honourable, respectful man. A man that just a couple of days ago donated £250k of his OWN money to the Feed The Pack initiative. A man who is living through the pandemic in a foreign country without his family who he is unable to see due to travel restrictions.

Yet here we are, after a few bad results, we have some fans (a minority at least) calling for his dismissal.

Football is full of ups and downs, you take the rough with the smooth, sometimes things don't go your way, for example we have suffered with several lengthy injuries to key players recently, not least our talismanic no.9 Raul.

Show this wonderful man the loyalty he has shown us and support him to turn things around.

Screaming for his head when things don't go our way is a bit 'plastic'.

Nuno had a dream, he's not ready to wake from it yet!

In Nuno we trust

Back