• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Let's talk about Nuno....

Personally, I think it’s bang out of order to be talking this way about the best manager we’ve had in my lifetime, and a guy who has done so much for the club and the city, half a poor season after three fantastic ones.

quite scummy tbh.
Scummy. 🤣

Scummy isn't fair. There are some who aren't bothered with the more sentimental side of things, that's fine.

Personally, that's what sporting a football team is about for me. I don't support Wolves because they are the best team every year, nor do I expect them to be. I just love Wolves, and I love Nuno, so the longer he's at Wolves the better (because it means he is still doing his job well too)

I’d keep him even if, god forbid, we go down. No one better to bring us back up.

Each to their own, but he's not our friend or family member, he's the manager of our football club.

What he did with his own money was wonderful and I'll always have personal respect for him for that, but it has no bearing on football matters really

As far as I have read, I don't think anyone's directly calling for him to go on the forum. We shouldn't be borderline emotionally blackmailing people into restraining or avoiding criticism and realism.

Scummy isn't fair. There are some who aren't bothered with the more sentimental side of things, that's fine.
That person is pretty unlikely to be a Wolves supporter I would say, not much other reason to support us over the years.

Does Nuno need a fresh addition to his coaching team in the close season to shake things up? He's been with us close to four years now and the same old voice can diminish in effectiveness over time
I posted in the verdict thread about this and it was you who said it PK. Any suggestions in house? Scott Sellars maybe?

Each to their own, but he's not our friend or family member, he's the manager of our football club.

To me he stands for more than that, with how he has led this football club. I don't think I could forgive the club if they sacked him at this point.
That person is pretty unlikely to be a Wolves supporter I would say, not much other reason to support us over the years.

I dunno. Take Mark for example (sorry to single out). He's always been pretty ambivalent on it all in that sense, doesn't get sucked in emotionally like I might do, but he's still followed and taken an interest in it, and always has something insightful to add about it.

I dunno. Take Mark for example (sorry to single out). He's always been pretty ambivalent on it all in that sense, doesn't get sucked in eotionally like I might do, but he's still followed and taken an interest in it, and always has something insightful to add about it.
But freely admits he’s not a wolves supporter? It’s a bit weird IMO ;)

My take which I have posted on Facebook:

October 2020: Nuno, Manager of the Month yet again. The man who has taken us from lower Championship to Europe in 3 years. An honourable, respectful man. A man that just a couple of days ago donated £250k of his OWN money to the Feed The Pack initiative. A man who is living through the pandemic in a foreign country without his family who he is unable to see due to travel restrictions.

Yet here we are, after a few bad results, we have some fans (a minority at least) calling for his dismissal.

Football is full of ups and downs, you take the rough with the smooth, sometimes things don't go your way, for example we have suffered with several lengthy injuries to key players recently, not least our talismanic no.9 Raul.

Show this wonderful man the loyalty he has shown us and support him to turn things around.

Screaming for his head when things don't go our way is a bit 'plastic'.

Nuno had a dream, he's not ready to wake from it yet!

In Nuno we trust
Good post, but it's never going to stop the plastic fans shouting nuno out. Because they don't care about the club or the town. They are just click bait.

Again, I don't know why people are getting worked up by a bunch of attention seeking Twitter twats.

Their idiocy doesn't mean that we can't discuss the fact that the wheels have come off our season big time, and when that happens the head coach will have fierce scrutiny. We all watch PL football don't we? It's nothing new

To me he stands for more than that, with how he has led this football club. I don't think I could forgive the club if they sacked him at this point.
We cannot look at him as some expendable product. He's a human being, and a decent one at that. He actually cares deeply about the town he represents. You cannot treat someone like that like shit.
What you have to do is support him like you would do a family member who is in trouble mentally.
Yes, i get it's a business, but even in that there are times that you need to support and help your employees. Like you i would be outraged if they just shit on Nuno right now.
If they help and support him he WILL turn it around, and so will the players for him. I'm sure of that.

Sentimentality towards Nuno is not the sole defining characteristic of supporting Wolves.
For you! Which is fine. It probably is for me in the past couple of years :)

We cannot look at him as some expendable product. He's a human being, and a decent one at that. He actually cares deeply about the town he represents. You cannot treat someone like that like shit.
What you have to do is support him like you would do a family member who is in trouble mentally.
Yes, i get it's a business, but even in that there are times that you need to support and help your employees. Like you i would be outraged if they just shit on Nuno right now.
If they help and support him he WILL turn it around, and so will the players for him. I'm sure of that.
Sorry but some of you just sound like you're in a cult or something now

What he did with his own money was wonderful and I'll always have personal respect for him for that, but it has no bearing on football matters really

As far as I have read, I don't think anyone's directly calling for him to go on the forum. We shouldn't be borderline emotionally blackmailing people into restraining or avoiding criticism and realism.

The point about the money is not a sole reason for keeping him, more an illustration of the kind of man Nuno is and the qualities he brings.

He definitely is not above question or criticism, of course this should always be done constructively but I believe we would be making a mistake in getting rid of him now.

Jeez if BFS was available I'm sure there would be people calliing for him to 'save' us.

The point about the money is not a sole reason for keeping him, more an illustration of the kind of man Nuno is and the qualities he brings.

Sorry but this has literally nothing to do with whether he is currently the right man to lead this team in the PL

Sorry but some of you just sound like you're in a cult or something now
No, i'm just not the kind of person that treats decent people like shit. If you are a cunt then no problem throwing you under a bus/car/train etc. But if you are a decent person then you need to be treated like one. It's not just in football, it's in life. That is my code of life.
It's your shout as to whether it's yours on not.

No, i'm just not the kind of person that treats decent people like shit. If you are a cunt then no problem throwing you ander a bus/car/train etc. But if you are a decent person then you need to be treated like one. It's not just in football, it's in life. That is my code of life.
It's your shout as to whether it's yours on not.
FFS he's a football manager and they get sacked sometimes when their team turns to shit.

You just sound a bit confused and self righteous mate. It's also not our decision to make

Sorry but this has literally nothing to do with whether he is currently the right man to lead this team in the PL
The title of the thread is " let's talk about Nuno". We are talking about him. If the thread was " Is Nuno the right man to take us on" then i would get everything would be about business only. ;)

Back