• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Let's talk about Nuno....

Or maybe just talking to people who have a different view of life to you? Because guess what? Your opinion isn't the only one out there. ;)
No need to lecture me on this one mate, I'm not the one saying someone with a different opinion to me is a 'cunt', or making presumptions about how people are IRL!! :LOL:

Thats not to say Nuno gets a free ride of course, he has to come up with goods if not in results at least in performances. Even if we go down ( we won't) I'd stay with him to try and turn it round.......but I realise I'm in a minority in a football sense
No you're not on your own, my issue is people that say you cannot be sentimental about it, when as a fan sentiment is all you've got !
I don't remember a lets talk about Nuno thread when things were going well ?

We're talking about football, not who we want to marry our daughters or have a drink with.

I couldn't care less if Willian Jose is a cunt or a saint, I'm more interested in what he can do for Wolves. A football team I support.
The bit you’re struggling with is that some people want to discuss the first bit and like the people who are managers and players to be more human than just cardboard cut outs only doing one thing, no matter how much you don’t want them to.

I know, people eh?

Why don't you tell them on Twitter then instead of judging people you don't know on here with your decent/cunt dichotomy?? When none of them are saying sack Nuno??
I'm not judging anyone particularly on here at all. What i'm doing is telling you, the guy who is telling me that "i'm a cult or something" is that my code of life is i treat decent people decently, and i treat cunts like cunts. That is it. If you don't like that then fine.
Change the thread title if you want to stop people talking about Nuno, and specifically talk about him not being good enough to carry on.
Not sure what your agenda is really...

ha! When that day eventually comes I will definitely follow what he does after with great interest.

I think it is the first real sign of trouble.

The performances in project restart were solid, by no means exciting, but we deservedly won all the games we did and even had a couple of moments go against us (Sheffield Utd/Burnley late goals).

Then at the start of this season we got better results than performance in the first 5 games, but in the 5/6 games before Raul's injury we had been gradually improving and played well in several, only the Leicester game was really crap, and we only lost that due to a terrible penalty decision.

Since then we had some games where we were pretty unlucky Villa, Spurs, United but also some poor ones like Burnley and Liverpool.

Then the more recent performances - second half of Everton and Bright, West Brom, Palace, Chorley, is the worst we've looked under Nuno I would say. These are made even worse by the fact in games we probably should have won or got more out of in the run of games before that we didn't.

In terms of points and performance, we are now pretty much exactly where we should be. 23 points from 21 games is a very fair reflection overall.
I think we we’re terrible in both the Burnley and Sheff Utd games.

The “deserving to win” thing is peak bias as well. We were often scoring from nothing or our only real opportunity. If the exact same thing happens the other way, the same narrative is “ we didn’t deserve to lose”. You can’t have it both ways.

I said we were playing well for a spell, coincided with 4-2-3-1, but the manager has actively moved away from this.

We play 4-2-3-1 for the rest of the season we could even threaten top half. Carry on with this shite then who knows. He can fix it, but he’s making things worse not better.

The bit you’re struggling with is that some people want to discuss the first bit and like the people who are managers and players to be more human than just cardboard cut outs only doing one thing, no matter how much you don’t want them to.

I know, people eh?

So if it transpired that Adama donated money to a children's charity and gave blood he's back in your starting lineup then?

I haven't disputed Nuno is a lovely guy, but some people are using that as a hammer to quash difficult conversations about his future as Wolves manager

No need to lecture me on this one mate, I'm not the one saying someone with a different opinion to me is a 'cunt', or making presumptions about how people are IRL!! :LOL:
wtf... I said " if they are a cunt in life i will treat them like one" Nowhere did i say anything about opinions on here! Go back through my posts. If i said the former i will apologise. If i didn't you apologise.

After that Arsenal game I thought we were going to win the league. No idea how it’s come to this!

I think we we’re terrible in both the Burnley and Sheff Utd games.

The “deserving to win” thing is peak bias as well. We were often scoring from nothing or our only real opportunity. If the exact same thing happens the other way, the same narrative is “ we didn’t deserve to lose”. You can’t have it both ways.

I said we were playing well for a spell, coincided with 4-2-3-1, but the manager has actively moved away from this.

We play 4-2-3-1 for the rest of the season we could even threaten top half. Carry on with this shite then who knows. He can fix it, but he’s making things worse not better.
Burnley game we largely played pretty well, controlled the game but needed a bit of quality from Raul to get us ahead. We were the better side until that mental last five minutes. Sheffield United we were awful, I agree. It was a shit game in general though.

We were the better team in all of those games we won - I'm not sure what you want me to say here, I'm not rewriting history in any way here. They were not spectacular performances in any form, nor against the best opposition but we didn't come away from any of those games and think we were lucky wo win.

I agree about 4231, no doubt. We need a proactive way out of this, give the players a bit of belief, more attacking options on the pitch. I hope Nuno goes that way because he's done it at times already this season. Now we have Podence/Traore/Neto all available he should do it.

So if it transpired that Adama donated money to a children's charity and gave blood he's back in your starting lineup then?

I haven't disputed Nuno is a lovely guy, but some people are using that as a hammer to quash difficult conversations about his future as Wolves manager
1) What are you dribbling on about with the Adama comment?
2) Nobody is quashing anything, just saying what they feel.

I don’t agree with scummy btw.

The same is true of a lot of our recent defeats though - palace, villa etc, in that the opposition have had minimal chances to win.

that’s football though, you can win and lose without necessarily deserving to.

The same is true of a lot of our recent defeats though - palace, villa etc, in that the opposition have had minimal chances to win.

that’s football though, you can win and lose without necessarily deserving to.
Does that not negate the Xg analysis though ?

Burnley game we largely played pretty well, controlled the game but needed a bit of quality from Raul to get us ahead. We were the better side until that mental last five minutes. Sheffield United we were awful, I agree. It was a shit game in general though.

We were the better team in all of those games we won - I'm not sure what you want me to say here, I'm not rewriting history in any way here. They were spectacular performances in any form, nor against the best opposition but we didn't come away from any of those games and think we were lucky wo win.

I agree about 4231, no doubt. We need a proactive way out of this, give the players a bit of belief, more attacking options on the pitch. I hope Nuno goes that way because he's done it at times already this season. Now we have Podence/Traore/Neto all available he should do it.
I honestly would hope we could control the game against Burnley. Should be a foregone conclusion with the budgets, one of best coaches in Europe and playing staff available.

We were the better team in the games we won, low bar again. But we won on very fine margins. Us losing now is pretty much the same performances just regressing to the mean.

If Rui saves that shot from Eze which he should do and WJ scores from the corner most people on here are saying great win, solid performance. Talking out their arse, we were still shit.

Scraping games 1-0 against weak opposition has been papering over the cracks for ages.

I honestly would hope we could control the game against Burnley. Should be a foregone conclusion with the budgets, one of best coaches in Europe and playing staff available.

We were the better team in the games we won, low bar again. But we won on very fine margins. Us losing now is pretty much the same performances just regressing to the mean.

If Rui saves that shot from Eze which he should do and WJ scores from the corner most people on here are saying great win, solid performance. Talking out their arse, we were still shit.

Scraping games 1-0 against weak opposition has been papering over the cracks for ages.

The Chelsea home result wasn’t papering over any cracks, we were the better team on the night and played really well in the second half.

1) What are you dribbling on about with the Adama comment?
2) Nobody is quashing anything, just saying what they feel.

I don’t agree with scummy btw.

I'll help you with the bit you're struggling with.

You wouldn't pick Adama for footballing reasons. What he did philanthropically in real life would have no bearing on it.

This thread is about Nuno as Wolves manager, the OP said 'has Nuno taken us as far as he can? '.

I've no problem with Nuno's personal characteristics being brought to bear on the discussion, but some of the angles have been pretty weird and out of order, especially when no-one is blowing the Nuno Out trumpet on here anyway.

The primary reason for Nuno being Wolves manager should be his ability to manage Wolves successfully. Articulating that doesn't mean you want some kind of brutal Abramovich culture.

Why don't you tell them on Twitter then instead of judging people you don't know on here with your decent/cunt dichotomy?? When none of them are saying sack Nuno??
I have, on a few occasions. But it makes no difference. It's like throwing a dart at a picture of your worst enemy. Sure, it makes you feel good, but it does nothing to actually help the situation.

Does that not negate the Xg analysis though ?
Not really, xg is a useful guide to effectiveness of performances, but the beauty and pain of football is that an xg isnt necessarily a goal, poor finishing or good football can (and does) mean that teams with a higher xg sometimes lose.

I disagree, if we had performed exactly the same and those moments the other way - we'd be relieved at the win, I personally would look at the chances both teams had and acknowledge the fact we were lucky in that game. But that is football, fine margins and all that.

In terms of papering over the cracks, our solid defence is what has always kept us in games. There is no shame in how successful we were at in terms of minimising the amount of chances the opposition have. Conceding ridiculous goals, penalties and from set pieces has eroded that quite clearly. Hence why we might as well now be more proactive right now, especially with what we have seen from the 4231 at times.

I'll help you with the bit you're struggling with.

You wouldn't pick Adama for footballing reasons. What he did philanthropically in real life would have no bearing on it.

This thread is about Nuno as Wolves manager, the OP said 'has Nuno taken us as far as he can? '.

I've no problem with Nuno's personal characteristics being brought to bear on the discussion, but some of the angles have been pretty weird and out of order, especially when no-one is blowing the Nuno Out trumpet on here anyway.

The primary reason for Nuno being Wolves manager should be his ability to manage Wolves successfully. Articulating that doesn't mean you want some kind of brutal Abramovich culture.
The thing is we don't do we, we pick Adama on potential footballing reasons ( that he rarely fullfills), if you held Adama up as critically as Nuno he'd have been out the door in the reserves a while ago !

Back