• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion: 2020/21

And vardy scored in the 89th minute. Bollocks.
Leicester have become a one man team. I just looked and he's won them 8 points this season already. They'd be 15th without those points. A bit of a simplistic view to be sure but they are the epitome of a one man team.

Leicester have become a one man team. I just looked and he's won them 8 points this season already. They'd be 15th without those points. A bit of a simplistic view to be sure but they are the epitome of a one man team.
Possibly there’s definitely 3 teams ie Villa with Grealish, palace with Zaha and Leicester with Vardy that are considerably weaker without them in their side.

I guess you could say the same about us with Jimenez last season though, purely based on how many points he won us.

Possibly there’s definitely 3 teams ie Villa with Grealish, palace with Zaha and Leicester with Vardy that are considerably weaker without them in their side.
Think Villa have improved quite a bit with a decent keeper and Barkley and Ollie Watkins

Reactions: b3h
Absolutely to a lesser extent
4 out of 11 goals for Jimenez this season. 36%.

9 out of 21 goals for Vardy this season. 43%.

Not too far apart, but we don't score that many goals in comparison to Leicester so Jimenez's percentage is always going to be higher.

VAR strikes again. Not sure they can say that was in the box.

Sorry I think some guess works been done there to award that. Would love to know what evidence they’ve got to say it was in the box and needed overturning.

Harsh on Brighton really and will have to be considered as relegation candidates now although they are far better than the 4 below them. Whoever said on a previous thread that journalists are no more knowledgeable than most fans is spot I’ll point you to Martin Lipton on Twitter banging on about the Saints penalty was categorically the right call.

They are trying to say they have given the penalty because KWP kicks March as they are falling...

Surely not! But this is Coote and Bankes we are talking about who are totally inept

Another game decided by the desire of a the ref in Stockley Park to be front and centre. Sociopath 2 Brighton 1

They are trying to say they have given the penalty because KWP kicks March as they are falling...

Surely not! But this is Coote and Bankes we are talking about who are totally inept
Some claiming it’s a continuation foul ie contact starts outside but continues inside which complete rubbish the barge in the back happens a yard outside and next contact is when KWP hits the back of the Brighton players leg.

E
Some claiming it’s a continuation foul ie contact starts outside but continues inside which complete rubbish the barge in the back happens a yard outside and next contact is when KWP hits the back of the Brighton players leg.
Even if it was “continuation” it’s not like a pull of the shirt. They are literally both falling to the ground as a result of the high speed collision. That isn’t a foul, the fact he collided with him (as you say a yard outside the box) causing them to fall is the foul and should have simply been a FK.
How they keep getting it so wrong I do not know.

Coote involved again. He is a sufferer of Mike Dean syndrome. Has to be involved in everything. He is a shocking ref on or off the pitch.

This continuation of a foul is a new one on me. Surely the foul should be given at the point where it is committed not ended?

This continuation of a foul is a new one on me. Surely the foul should be given at the point where it is committed not ended?
Been that way for a while, if you grab someone's shirt outside the box and carry on holding into the box then the foul is awarded at it's most advanced location not the point of commencement. Otherwise you'd just have people grabbing hold of one another on the edge of the box to make sure it would always get dragged back for a freekick rather than a penalty.

Reactions: b3h
Back