• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Just a shame that "don't fuck up don't fuck up don't fuck up" is the prevailing tactic on the occasion these days. And then go and play shite defense like Leeds did for Saints' opener anyway!

Said it before there’s 2 sets of fans in this country, one set who are genuine and have real link to their club and the second bunch who cherry pick their side on the basis of who might win a lot. These are the ones who look down their noses at those in set one thinking they’re superior when in reality it’s the other way round. You’ve got every right to support who you want but if you’re a Man Utd fan from Wolverhampton and no link to Manchester then you get zero respect.
Very few places in England where a professional club isn’t within 30 miles of where you live or born.
The argument “Carlisle are shit” or “the football at Exeter is always shit” is not a reasonable excuse.
The landscape of football has changed massively over the last 30 years. When I was a kid of around 7 there was barely any live football on TV, so you were more attracted to your local side as you could go and watch them live.

Nowadays, you have access to hundreds of live games, and highlights within minutes of games finishing online. Kids are now able to follow teams and see the vast majority of their games from the comfort of home, which wasn't the case in the 80s/90s, so more appealing to attach yourself to City/United/Liverpool/Arsenal etc...

Clubs like us should be doing all they can to get young kids engaged, instead we've gone the other way and more than doubled the price of their tickets

Something I've mentioned before but either people around me in the NB Upper age like 80s footballers or I'm still relatively young up there. There's the odd Dad and his lad dotted around, about three rows in front of me there's some lads who I reckon are mid-to-late 20s, but otherwise at 43 I'd probably come in under the average age up there. Definitely on my row, none of the blokes I talk to on either side are younger than me.

We were at a totally different level in a totally different era but if I hadn't been going week after week after week as an impressionable young kid in the late 80s, I wouldn't be as engaged as I am now in 2024.

Something I've mentioned before but either people around me in the NB Upper age like 80s footballers or I'm still relatively young up there. There's the odd Dad and his lad dotted around, about three rows in front of me there's some lads who I reckon are mid-to-late 20s, but otherwise at 43 I'd probably come in under the average age up there. Definitely on my row, none of the blokes I talk to on either side are younger than me.

We were at a totally different level in a totally different era but if I hadn't been going week after week after week as an impressionable young kid in the late 80s, I wouldn't be as engaged as I am now in 2024.
Same for me, carried in on my Dad's shoulders for my first game in the early 70's. Hooked at that point and it was the occasion of the week when we played. Really didn't have any other distractions. Footy for 9 mths and cricket overlapping. Took both my daughters at the age of 3, both first games against Albion, won both. Then just last year took my grandson. He wears his Wolves stuff a lot of the time.
Just as we were once the lifeblood of the club, so they now should be... except Shi and his clueless wonders have made it even more difficult for a family to afford it at a time when most families have to watch how they spend their income.

Che Adams has been crap since coming on for Southampton tbh.
Worst player on the pitch, probably not fit to be fair but other than the fact he's free there's no other redeeming features in signing him.

Che Adams has been crap since coming on for Southampton tbh.
He's a terrible player.

I'm really not impressed with the players we've been linked with at all. Hobbs has had 1 good window so far out of 3.

He's a terrible player.

I'm really not impressed with the players we've been linked with at all. Hobbs has had 1 good window so far out of 3.
Can't count the 3rd. He had a budget of minus £ to use

Sky will be delighted as with all their new games next year, they'll be able to show Leeds every week.

Congrats Southampton. Much rather visit there than that shit hole in Yarkshire.

• Hmmmm
Reactions: SSB
Back