• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

What a pointless signing that was. 'Hard to shift' indeed.

What a pointless signing that was. 'Hard to shift' indeed.
Didn't help that he got injured and then injured again giving him about 3 weeks of playing time.

At least we signed him on the cheap so no great loss.

Didn't help that he got injured and then injured again giving him about 3 weeks of playing time.

At least we signed him on the cheap so no great loss.

The fact that he was complete shite also a factor. Possibly the most beige footballer I've seen at Wolves.

The way Kenny shoehorned him into the team last year under some pre-conceived notion that once he got a place in the team he'd be 'hard to shift' was ridiculous.

I feel sorry for him as it seemed at the time that he would start the season alongside McDonald, but injury obviously stopped us seeing that. A lack of pre-season and then more injuries didn't help, again.

That said, everytime I've seen him he's been pretty fucking useless. Even in the u21s he was out of his depth.

Thank God he didn't end up next to KMac last season!

Thank God he didn't end up next to KMac last season!

We'd just of worked our way back round to Price...We'd of got there in the end

He's one of those footballers who's just there, playing no risk five yard passes and drifting through games where you forget they're even playing. A poor man's Surman which speaks volumes.

I walked straight past Surman the other day while coaching an under 7s side without realising. Which, interestingly, I will share in common with most Premier League midfielders this season.

He's only got until the end of the season until the end of his contract hasn't he? I imagine he'll be after a loan that keeps him pre-occupied until then, no chance we'll find a team willing to spend money for his services in January.

Saville still has a year and a half on his deal, so there's still time for him to break through if he can, but he's not looked likely to yet. I'd still have Evans ahead of him.

Yeah, Rowe is out of contract in the summer. I think Golbourne is the only other first teamer who hasn't signed a new deal.

I think this foot injury that won't fully go away is going to harm his chances of a new deal.

Thank goodness for that. Now can we trade Saville to Bradford to get Evans back?

Feel a bit bad for Rowe. Totally unspectacular in every way but not as poor as some here are making him out to be, I think.

Wouldn't keep him around at the end of his deal, mind.

Lee Evans has just scored for Bradford.

Went to Hednesford vs Lowestoft today and watched Harry Burgoyne. Had a pretty decent game, came out for crosses and made one in particular decent save. Only thing lacking in his game at the moment is his bossing of his defence, needs to learn how to tell big hairy arsed centre halves what to do, Hednesfords first goal came from a free kick that he never properly organised from, although it was a postage stamp effort that he might not have saved anyway.

I think I spied an impressive assist for Graham on his Oxford debut yesterday

I think I spied an impressive assist for Graham on his Oxford debut yesterday
You did indeed. He came on as sub after 27 minutes and had a very good game by all accounts.

Lee Evans scored in another full game for Bradford. He seems to have become a key player for them, as you might well expect. Tommy Rowe made his debut with a full game for Scunny.

Aaron McCarey kept a clean sheet for Pompey while Harry Burgoyne couldn't prevent Lowestoft from losing at Hednesford. Liam McAlinden continues to get splinters in his arse at Shrewsbury.

Back