• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2016-2017

Not sure any of the players out on loan to the lower leagues have much of a future here. The U23 squad has arguably been playing in higher quality competitions this season than the National League level.

Going out on loan isn't just about the "quality" of the level you play at.

For a lot of these lads it is the first time they are playing in a first team, living away from family and not having everything put on a plate for them like they do at Wolves.

Odoffin looked quite good at Northampton in pre season, very similar to Iorfa in style of play and physique.

Odoffin still has a year left on his contract so there's time for him to impress yet. I wouldn't say he's especially close at the moment.

Deslandes, Randall, Simpson, Reid and O'Hanlon are all out of contract next month and I don't think any of them will be staying. We'll try to move Collins on too I imagine (one year left).

Odoffin may still have a chance, he went to Eastleigh I think because of Martin Allen connection (who was then sacked) as that was who gave him his debut at Barnet, where he was football league apprentice of the year wasn't he? Or was nominated for it anyway. There will be quite a few players we get rid of this summer though, as we do have a lot of quality coming through.

Back