• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2016-2017

Sedgley Wolf

Reaction score
Someone suggested making a new thread so here it is.

We currently have the following players out on loan until the end of the season ;

Prince Oniangue - SC Bastia

Jed Wallace - Millwall

Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Sheffield United

James Henry - Bolton

Aaron Collins - Tranmere Rovers

Hakeem Odoffin - Eastleigh

Jon Flatt - Barrow

Ben O'Hanlon - Nuneaton Town

I'll update this OP as the season goes on along with the progress of our players out on loan.

Last edited:
From today;

Connor Hunte (Stevenage) - Bagged a goal on his home debut, a header at the far post, as Stevenage came from behind to beat Luton. Subbed on 76.

Anthony Breslin - (Tamworth) - Played the full game as The Lambs were stuffed 4-0 at Halifax.

Who is this Breslin kid? Never seen him mentioned before.

Bradley Reid gone to Wrexham on loan - three years (minus one week) after we bought him from there.

Connor Hunte gained some useful experience against a Premier League side, playing nearly an hour tonight against Stoke but subbed after an hour. Showed quick feet and a willingness to get forward according to their Twitter.

Connor Hunte (Stevenage) - Another start for Hunte but taken off just before half-time as his team trailed 2-0 at Grimsby. Made a chance for himself by cutting in from the wing and curling an effort just past the post but generally fairly quiet.

Bradley Reid
(Wrexham) - Much like Hunte, hauled off at half-time on his debut having failed to make an impact in the first half. Dagenham were winning 3-0 at that point and the scoreline remained the same.

Anthony Breslin - (Tamworth) - Another full game and this time on the winning side, stuffing Bradford P.A 5-1.

Aaron Collins joins Notts County on loan

Henry joined Bolton, hope it goes well and he scores an own goal a game.

29th August

Anthony Breslin - (Tamworth) - Another full game and again on the winning side, away at Alfreton 5-2.

To add to that;

Connor Hunte (Stevenage) - Was subbed on after an hour but couldn't help his team avoid losing 3-1 at Orient in the Checkatrade.

Bradley Reid (Wrexham) - Dropped and had to watch Wrexham beat York 2-1 from the bench. Sean Newton got the winner, not our one though unfortunately.

O'Hanlon's gone on loan to Nuneaton Town. Guess there's still a loan window below League Two?

Yeah, non-league is still fair game as far as I know.

O'Hanlon will never make it here, his Jim Kellermann style run of inexplicably getting contracts will end soon.

Even Conference North was a level too high for him last year. There seems to be a culture, not just at Wolves, of keeping players on for longer than they would have done a a decade ago. I'm not sure that's really in the players best interests in the long term.

CrWSCScXEAE8cnx.jpg

He appears to have signed for Nuneaton in 1960

Even Conference North was a level too high for him last year. There seems to be a culture, not just at Wolves, of keeping players on for longer than they would have done a a decade ago. I'm not sure that's really in the players best interests in the long term.
Stung by George Friend I reckon (I still don't understand why we released him)

Aaron Collins came off the bench and scored the equaliser for Notts County.

Back