• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2018-2019

We won't loan MGW out and certainly not to L1.

Bright is not going to make an impact here, although our formation switch would *potentially* give him a route back in against defensive opponents whereas in a 3-4-3 he had no real spot. However he just isn't good enough and never will be.

I don’t know whether we should or not as I have zero experience of youth development. However players like Ryan Mason weren’t hindered by being loaned to that level.

Would you loan him if Derby were interested?

We hopefully are going to sign better players this summer and I can’t see how he is going to play, particularly when he does play his touch and passing are letting him down a bit. His poor decision making is a bit more understandable given his inexperience.

Brights chance here has been and gone,we've moved onto a whole different level recruitment wise,he'll have a decent career lower championship higher league one I'd say

I don’t know whether we should or not as I have zero experience of youth development. However players like Ryan Mason weren’t hindered by being loaned to that level.

Would you loan him if Derby were interested?

We hopefully are going to sign better players this summer and I can’t see how he is going to play, particularly when he does play his touch and passing are letting him down a bit. His poor decision making is a bit more understandable given his inexperience.

No, I don't think loans work on the whole. There's the odd example here and there but in general no. Even if they go away and do well, they're away from the club for a year, it tends to automatically put them on the periphery by default - why wouldn't they be, they haven't even been a factor in anyone's thinking for ages. And frequently they just don't go well, the tactics are wrong, if results are bad then it's easiest to leave out the player who you don't actually own, there's always the chance of a managerial change and then the new guy just doesn't want them, any number of factors.

He's our player, one of the best English players in his age group, it's up to us to develop him. Not sub-contract the job out. If we can't develop him then we're basically saying you have to be Joleon Lescott or Robbie Keane level to work out, as in we can put you straight in the team at 17/18 and you'll already be one of our best players. That isn't going to happen very often.

No, I don't think loans work on the whole. There's the odd example here and there but in general no. Even if they go away and do well, they're away from the club for a year, it tends to automatically put them on the periphery by default - why wouldn't they be, they haven't even been a factor in anyone's thinking for ages. And frequently they just don't go well, the tactics are wrong, if results are bad then it's easiest to leave out the player who you don't actually own, there's always the chance of a managerial change and then the new guy just doesn't want them, any number of factors.

He's our player, one of the best English players in his age group, it's up to us to develop him. Not sub-contract the job out. If we can't develop him then we're basically saying you have to be Joleon Lescott or Robbie Keane level to work out, as in we can put you straight in the team at 17/18 and you'll already be one of our best players. That isn't going to happen very often.

Agree with this completely, sending him out on loan would fuck hin up, I want to see him given more first team game time, think with a bit of work and experience, he could be the player to unlock stubborn defences

This from the Coventry Evening Telegraph re Bright.

"The Wolves’ loan man is a delight to watch at times. He can be frustrating, too, over playing on occasions by taking too many men on in and around the box before inevitably being snuffed out."

"The Wolves’ loan man is a delight to watch at times. He can be frustrating, too, over playing on occasions by taking too many men on in and around the box before inevitably being snuffed out."

Strikes me like Traore, tbh. Teams will probably only get the best out of him when he's already the most talented player in the side.

Two sides to every story! Maybe he hasn’t actually changed just found his level. So maybe I was right all along and he is still not good enough.

Two sides to every story! Maybe he hasn’t actually changed just found his level. So maybe I was right all along and he is still not good enough.
You can judge for yourself today as Coventry or an tele at lunchtime

Sets up the goal for Coventry to go 1-0 up at Pompey

Stats don’t tell the whole story but they are impressive. James Henry and Michael Jacobs have good L1 stats

I would say he’s too good for League 1 personally. way too skillful. Championship I don’t know - he put in some very good performances with us last season but wasn’t effective enough. He’s only 21 though

I would say he’s too good for League 1 personally. way too skillful. Championship I don’t know - he put in some very good performances with us last season but wasn’t effective enough. He’s only 21 though

Seems to have learnt a bit at Coventry (previous loan was a waste of time). Could probably do well in the Championship, but possibly not much higher.

Brights vision and weight of pass have been excellent. The first he never had and as a result we never saw the second.

The highlight reel of him against Sunderland, for me, made it look like a man against boys.

It's really worth remembering that Bright is only 21, he's effectively one year older than Niall Ennis.

His biggest challenges when he played for us were getting his head up and awareness, he's showing both of those. Combine that with his raw natural ability and strength and we'll have quite a player on our hands.

He needs games though, and a team that players proper football.

Always enjoy the "Bright's only..."argument 17/18/19/20 now 21. A highlight reel is not going to show him taking one too many men on or running down blind alleys. For your year older than Ennis, I give you only a year younger than Jota.

I confidently predict he won't ever make a PL bench for Wolves again. We'll take up the option and if we can get a decent offer move him on in the Summer.

Last edited:
Always enjoy the "Bright's only"...argument 17/18/19/20 now 21. A highlight reel is not going to show him taking one too many men on or running down blind alleys. For your year older than Ennis, I give you only a year younger than Jota.

I confidently predict he won't ever make a PL bench for Wolves again. We'll take up the option and if we can get a decent offer move him on in the Summer.

Absolutely, highlight reels only show the best bits. But when those bits include a player demonstrably showing behaviours that overcome previous weaknesses that can only be a good thing.

Players mature a different ages, it would be foolish to consider him as having no chance now. There are clearly examples both ways to show players who matured when they were older and players younger.

We wouldn't lose anything by keeping him for another 2 maybe 3 years, we could gain an absolute gem though if he shows he can continue to develop.

It will be interesting to see how he progresses and in what position. Will he be realistic competition for Jota or is it more likely he hits his ceiling at the championship level.

If he makes it (I would say with a fair degree of certainty he won't, not here) then it will be where MGW played on Saturday.

Never going to score enough goals playing up front.

Apologies for the lack of updates everyone, have been struggling to get over a bad case of the flu.

Will post a quick summary later!

Back