• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2016-2017

Connor Johnson gone on loan to Borehamwood. Clearly part of an agreement from us signing their young lad, but as Johnson is highly rated I thought he might start appearing in our squad towards the end of the season. Not sure many go on loan to the conference and come back and make it, really? (I know Murray went on loan to a couple but that was a long time ago!)

The U23's have 3 league games left and the Senior Cup so going out and playing weekly for 2 months is better option.

I think Johnson going there is good - gets him more experience and the chance to build up a relationship with this lad (his new centre back partner for the u23's) on and off the pitch - good for Johnson and good for the lad as he'll have someone he knows when he arrives properly at the start of the season.

I have hopes for Johnson - he's still young though.

Connor Johnson gone on loan to Borehamwood. Clearly part of an agreement from us signing their young lad, but as Johnson is highly rated I thought he might start appearing in our squad towards the end of the season. Not sure many go on loan to the conference and come back and make it, really? (I know Murray went on loan to a couple but that was a long time ago!)
New landscape now though, he has non league or nothing. Previously he may well how got a move to League 2 just as the loan window closes, but with the rules as they exist now I think you'll see happen more often with a better calibre of player.

From this weekend;

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - A quiet 90 minutes for Jed as Swindon end Millwall's unbeaten run with a last minute winner.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United, League One) - A full game in a draw at Oldham. Caught napping as Obadeyi nipped in front of him to score.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Unused sub again.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) Full game in a draw at Gateshead. Commended for two successive goal-line blocks.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Played in a 4 -2 win at Solihull Moors.

Aaron Collins (Tranmere, National League) Unused sub in a 1-0 win at home to Braintree.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Full game in a 4-1 win over AFC Flyde.

Added.

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Played on the left wing (sure I've seen that somewhere before) in a home defeat against Lille. Subbed towards the end.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Grabbed an assist in Millwall's 3-1 win over Scunthorpe. Subbed with 15 to go.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Came on for the last 10 minutes in a goalless draw against Chesterfield.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) Full game in a 4-0 defeat at Dagenham.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Played as his team lost 2-1 at Maidstone. Apparently made a string of good saves.

Aaron Collins. Unused sub in a win over Dover.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Full game in a draw at Stockport.

Aaron Collins grabbed his first goal for Tranmere yesterday. The last of the goals in a 9 (nine) - 0 win.

Will post a full update soon.

From last weekend,

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Dropped for this game and came on as a sub after 73 minutes in a 2-1 defeat.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - A full game in a 1-1 draw at Gillingham. Praised for his defensive work as well as his trickery on the ball.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Came on for the last half hour in a 1-0 loss at Scunthorpe. Nearly equalised with a thunderous long range effort. Also featured for their U23 team mid-week.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United, League One) - Came on for the last ten minutes of the promotion party at Northampton. Big Leon notched the first, a glorious return to the Championship for him next season, I wonder?

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) Full game in a 1-0 loss at home to Lincoln.

Aaron Collins (Tranmere, National League) - Made his debut coming on as a sub at 6-0 up. Hit the post then notched his first for the club with a touch and crisp finish. Back down to earth with a bump though mid-week as he was once again left on the bench as Tranmere lost to Forest Green in a big promotion clash.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Played as his team drew 2-2 vs Woking.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Full game in a draw against Chorley.

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Began the game on the bench vs Lyon but the game was abandoned due to crowd trouble.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Notched a double in a 3-0 win over Northampton. The first was a scorcher; hitting a thunderous 25 yard effort that arrowed into the top corner. The second was blasted in from close range after a cut-back from the left. Subbed with 15 to go but he seems to be a key player in Millwall's play-off charge.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Came on after 79 minutes but couldn't help prevent a 1-0 reverse at Oldham.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United, League One) - Played the full game in a 3-0 win at Port Vale as the Blades were crowned League One champions.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) Full game in a 2-1 defeat at North Ferriby. Interestingly went on a mazy run that nearly ended up with a goal.

Aaron Collins (Tranmere, National League) - Unused sub in a 2-2 draw with Aldershot.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Played and let in 4 at Bromley.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Full game in a win against Harrogate.

From the Bank Holiday games

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Had a quiet game as in a 1-0 loss at Fleetwood.

EEL (Sheffield United, League One) - Unused sub as the Blades turned Bradford over 3-0. Big Leon grabbed another two, that's four in three games now.

James Henry
(Bolton, League One) - Came on for the last half hour in a goalless draw at Bury.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) Full game in a 2-1 win over Bromley.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Played as his team beat North Ferriby 3-1.

Aaron Collins(Tranmere, National League) - Unused sub in a win over Guiseley.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Full game in a 4-2 win at Telford.

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Unused sub in a 2-0 defeat at Bordeaux.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Played the full game and had a couple of efforts on target but to no avail as Millwall lost 3-0 at home to Oxford.

EEL (Sheffield United, League One) - Was in the starting line-up for MK Dons away but pulled a hamstring and missed the game.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Came on for the last half hour in a 2-0 win over Port Vale. Bolton now only realistically need a point on the final day to get promoted.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) - Full game in a loss at Solihull Moors.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Kept a clean sheet in a win at Braintree.

Aaron Collins - Unused sub in a win over Southport.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Full game in a draw at Stockport.

Last edited:
Thank you for all these updates Sedgley Wolf. You must be thankful you do not do a similar thing on Chelsea loanees....

You're welcome, Frank.

And yes, the Chelsea loan list would be a full-time job!

I appreciate the updates too, as I'm sure many do.

Thanks for the comments, chaps.

From the weekend,

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Started in a 1-0 over Rennes.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Missed the game because of a sickness bug that hit the squad. Millwall still managed to qualify for the play-offs.

EEL (Sheffield United, League One) - Not in the squad due to injury.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - An unused sub as Bolton gained promotion back to the Championship.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) - Completed a successful loan spell with a full game in a 1-1 draw at home to Wrexham. Received plenty of praise on Twitter, for his 'bombing down the wing' amongst other things.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - His last game for Barrow saw him let in 3 in a loss at home to Dover.

Aaron Collins ( Tranmere, National League) - Played the full game at Maidstone as Tranmere rested players ahead of the play-offs. Seemed to play on the left of the attack, cutting inside to good effect and getting a few shots in on goal. Rovers won 1-0.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Left out of the squad this weekend.

Is Odoffin one to watch here or is his level probably L1/L2?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back