• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2021-22

I don't think you can include Leeds. The manager would still have fucked it.

I don't see what difference Adama would've made in any of those games.
Well Arsenal away they were basically playing in our half and we were camped in. Raul and Podence were doing absolutely zero to hold on to it and we couldn’t get up the pitch. Adama on the pitch and they might not be as confident playing so high allowing the others to drop into space to receive it or the obvious ball over the top like we’ve done against Arsenal with him before. Or alternatively we could have got it into his feet and he could have gone on one of his runs which helps us get up the pitch, bought a bit of time with a foul (or maybe even a goal!?). Same against Leeds. They were truly shite, and as good as Trincao was, he was part of the problem with us keeping the ball with Podence and Hwang was useless. Certainly would have preferred him to come on.

West Ham unlikely he’d have made a difference. But he can’t have been any worse than literally having no attacks which is what happened.

Taking Saiss off and putting Silva on would've been the obvious choice.

Traore as an option would've meant we'd kept the ball about the same amount.

He's a player we haven't missed in the slightest at any point.
Punts has responded much as I would. I’m not a big fan of Traore’s but to suggest we haven’t missed him is very subjective.

A potential Mendes flip on the cards?

Traore - Barca - Trincao joins us - Trincoa loaned/sold to a Mendes club (Benfica?) - Mendes player joins from that club

There's definitely a few lining up for an early lead.

barca have agreed deals for christensen and also kessie, but am too skint to afford traore? it is posturing, nothing more.

barca have agreed deals for christensen and also kessie, but am too skint to afford traore? it is posturing, nothing more.
It's going to be a Mendes swap roundabout with us Benfica and Barca. Bloody obvious.

Watched 30 minutes of Corbeanu today, playing right wing. He definitely has a powerful left foot, can get a shot away, but was often second to most balls or wrestled off (he was matched man for man by Henry Lawrence, a Chelsea loanee). There wasn't lots else in a poor MK Dons side to note, no idea how they are second in the league, they weren't the better side. For Theo, at this stage of his career, he's doing OK but you'd want more next year for sure. Ironically he'd be better off at a club like Wimbledon rather than MK where they are desperate for a half decent striker and somewhere he'd get to play pretty much every game.

That's another loan that hasn't really worked out. He was doing well at Sheffield Wednesday. Playing every week, knocking a few goals in and becoming a bit of a fans favourite and we apparently sent him to MK Don's because their style would be more suited to them, but he's not been starting for them .

Back