• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2021-22

And we did that to ensure he played up front, yet today he was much more like a RWB/RW, the exact same position Sheff Weds were playing him. Odd. He was no worse than the rest of the MK side, offered a bit more threat than whoever he replaced

Wolves fan from the USA. My local team, the New England Revolution, have been struggling a lot lately. Today, they were the victim of Leonardo Campana who scored a hat trick against them playing for Miami. As both the Wolves and the Revs seem to be having a hard time scoring goals lately, it was painful to see a player on loan from the Wolves doing so well against my favorite team. I also couldn't help but think that Campana could be helping the Wolves score, which they desperately need. He look like he might be a good addition for Wolves when he returns from the loan.

That's good to hear. Last report in here I remember reading was he was struggling due to Miami struggling.

Didn't watch all of it but Gibbs-White was playing well in what I did watch of Sheff Utd v Bournemouth. Should have got a penalty for the Blades late on but was missed, was a blatant pen too, anyone who gets annoyed at the standard of refs should give it a watch!

I watched the Sheff Utd game, MGW played up front in a two with Mcburnie. Did what you'd expect in that role really lost out on some of the physical stuff, but lively and their best goal threat, should have scored a 1 on 1 at the end of the first half. Keeper made a decent save, but shouldn't have been allowed to. Played a number of decent through balls, but Mcburnie being the useless lump he is was too slow of throught or body to get onto them. His control wasn't the greatest through often needed 2 touches to bring it under, that would be a worry at PL level.

I watched the Sheff Utd game, MGW played up front in a two with Mcburnie. Did what you'd expect in that role really lost out on some of the physical stuff, but lively and their best goal threat, should have scored a 1 on 1 at the end of the first half. Keeper made a decent save, but shouldn't have been allowed to. Played a number of decent through balls, but Mcburnie being the useless lump he is was too slow of throught or body to get onto them. His control wasn't the greatest through often needed 2 touches to bring it under, that would be a worry at PL level.
Agreed. He’s clearly one of the best players at that level but his lack of pace is always going to be a problem for me. If he’s not making up for that with a great touch and technical ability like a David Silva or Mata would or even a Buendia/Maddison further down the league, then he might just be one of those bottom half players that are great at the level below but their limitations hold them back to really make a difference at the level above. Like a Billy Sharp for example.

Joe Elliott, Def Leppard's drummer who is a Sheff Utd fan:

"While he has a couple of current favourites, it is another skilful playmaker - on-loan Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White - who he feels stands out.

"Billy Sharp is obviously a legend too. The guy is a Sheffield boy and he is a Blade through and through, he has done some magnificent things for us down the years.

"But Morgan is like a breath of fresh air. The guy is just oozing talent. I just hope we can keep him next season, but even if we go up I doubt we could afford him."

I knew that. Don't know why I put drummer.

They'd love to sell Gibbs-White for about 12-15million I'd imagine and then constantly talk about the success of the academy as a result. And how they have turned those millions in Fifa Ultimate team packs, for the esports guys.

"Now you can see Pele wearing the Wolves colours."

It's a red, it is not an "absolutely shocking tackle". No force, going for the ball, be it where he shouldn't, doesn't appear to have the intent to do him. If that's absolutely shocking I'd imagine he started watching football on Friday

Depends where we stand on the “endangering an opponent” angle. He’s gone to play the ball and seems aware of his surroundings which could classify it as extremely reckless and dangerous. But there certainly no force or malice.

So you’d be sending him off for the outcome rather than the “challenge” on its merits. You’d be sending people off everytime there was a high foot/bicycle in that case.

You couldn’t complain if you were sent off in this case but you can probably understand the yellow.

Depends where we stand on the “endangering an opponent” angle. He’s gone to play the ball and seems aware of his surroundings which could classify it as extremely reckless and dangerous. But there certainly no force or malice.

So you’d be sending him off for the outcome rather than the “challenge” on its merits. You’d be sending people off everytime there was a high foot/bicycle in that case.

You couldn’t complain if you were sent off in this case but you can probably understand the yellow.
In the modern game, I can never understand how bicycle kicks in the box are allowed, in a crowded area its got to be seen as dangerous play surely.
Would be a shame to see them outlawed though.

In the modern game, I can never understand how bicycle kicks in the box are allowed, in a crowded area its got to be seen as dangerous play surely.
Raul gets sent off enough as it is

Depends. Looping ball into the box, pure stupidity. But if it’s a whipped in ball that’s behind you and then most likely your market too then you can give it a go.

Ryan Giles really has killed Blackburn. 2 wins in 14

Back