• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
You'd think if he was remotely good we'd have been tempted to keep him around instead of giving MATT FUCKING DOHERTY a three year contract

Thought work permit stuff was the issue with Bolla?

Thought work permit stuff was the issue with Bolla?
Originally, not now though, he's just not at our level. One of those signings we made to flip because we thought the price was right

Fabio Silva comes on 2nd half and scores against Hearts to make it 5-0

Seems to go through the keeper. Dont shoot you don’t score though.

Weird loan this. Time sharing with Dessers. Surely he’s got to be head and shoulders better in which case you wouldn’t be rotating, particularly in a title race.

The New Rangers manager loves rotating.
His thinking is as they Europa games (probably just the 2) coming up every player has a degree of match sharpness

Weird loan this. Time sharing with Dessers. Surely he’s got to be head and shoulders better in which case you wouldn’t be rotating, particularly in a title race.
Dessers has 12 goals and 2 assists in 24 games. It's hard to drop that kind of return.

Then we are picking bad loans for him a trend generally during the period Jackson was away
I think we've got his position wrong regardless of where he goes on loan. He needs to play further forward.

Dessers has 12 goals and 2 assists in 24 games. It's hard to drop that kind of return.

But Dessers wouldn't get in Burnley's team or Sheff Utd's team. If Fabio isn't obviously way better in every aspect then he has 0% chance of ever being a PL player.

But Dessers wouldn't get in Burnley's team or Sheff Utd's team. If Fabio isn't obviously way better in every aspect then he has 0% chance of ever being a PL player.

It's not about proving Fabio to be PL standard anymore though is it, just getting enough of a showcase from him to get rid anywhere they can and recoup as much money as they can in the process.

From Rangers POV I doubt they see any chance of keeping Fabio beyond May given his wages and Wolves' desire for some money too. Can see why they wouldn't ditch someone they paid decent money, by their standards, for last summer on a 4 year deal when the replacement isn't going to be there long term.

There was never likely to be a good loan for Fabio at this point, just getting him away from Wolves was about the only box worth ticking.

I think we know that is the case though tbf. That goal today is what he’s good at - nice bit of movement and early strike. Not strong or quick enough or a good enough finisher to do that at PL level though.

Those wages mean I don't think we'll ever sell him for more than buttons, it'll be the Cutrone serial loan route to try and cover as much of them as possible or give him away so that someone can cover them.

I don't disagree, but I think you'd be hard pushed to find a manager who'd drop a 1 in 2 striker for a loan player

Last edited:
I don't disagree, I think you'd be hard pushed to find a manager who'd drop a 1 in 2 striker for a loan player

Not sure 1 in 2 is much special in that league when you're playing for a team that's miles stronger than all but one of the other teams.

Weekend round-up.

Luke Cundle - Stoke City, Championship
Started at Cardiff but was subbed at HT at 2-1 down. The score stayed the same way which meant they were leapfrogged into the bottom three by...

Joe Hodge - QPR, Championship
Played just the first half of a 2-1 win vs Rotherham, was denied a tap-in by a last-ditch challenge from a defender. QPR out of the relegationz zone on GD.

Yerson Mosquera and Goncalo Guedes - Villarreal, La Liga.
Both got full games in a 3-1 win away at. Guedes got the assist for the third with a header back to his team mate and had a shot well saved by the keeper. Mosquera played at RB and got forward to set up a good chance.

Louie Moulden, - Northampton Town, League 1
Played in 2-0 win at Oxford and made a couple of good saves to earn his clean sheet.

Nigel Lonwijk - Wycombe Wanderers, League 1
Started at Stevenage but went off after half an hour, presumably injured.

Chiquinho - Famalicao, Primeira Liga
Got 71 minutes in a 3-2 defeat away at Arouca. He swung in a corner for a headed goal that was disallowed thanks to VAR-

Joe Young - Buxton FC, National League North
Got an assist from a long ball over the top but Buxton ended up losing 2-1 at Darlington.

On as sub: Fabio Silva played the last half an hour and scored in a 5-0 win vs Hearts, as mentioned above.
Podence came on for the second half of a 2-1 home win. Owen Farmer played the second half of a 4-0 defeat away, while McLeod came on for the last few minutes of a 2-2 draw away

Unused subs: Bolla, Hesketh

Not in squad: Campbell, Birtwistle

Back