• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd FA Cup Thread

Adama against Luke Shaw should be fun.

While admittedly we've not really had an issue before with legitimately competing on 3 fronts (mostly because we go out of the Carabao early 9/10 times) I'm firmly in the believing a good cup run is beneficial camp. We've proven able to beat virtually every team at the top end of the league on any given day, if we commit to this and the draws shake out in our favour there's no reason we can't go deep again this year.

I can't remember - is VAR used in the FA Cup games?

I would go with a similar line up to the OP from TT. Would probably go with a front three of Adama, Cutrone & Jota and I'm not sure I would start with Burr. Other than that I would go almost full strength.

I'd go with:

ruddy
bennett coady kilman
jonny neves saiss vinagre
adama cutrone neto

Jota on the bench. Moutinho given the weekend off. Like to see Perry and a few others on the bench. Will assume MGW isn't close to returning yet.

I mean not to dig up buried or forgotten memories but, well...penalty in the semi-final?

In a more related incident, Lindelof avoided getting a red for absolutely smashing Jota in the 1/4s last year thanks to VAR too

I can't remember - is VAR used in the FA Cup games?

Only when a Prem team is at home. All other games it is normal football (although Swansea would have probably beat Man City last year if they had VAR)

Only when a Prem team is at home. All other games it is normal football (although Swansea would have probably beat Man City last year if they had VAR)

Will be in ours then - not in all other games as a number have lower league teams at home & fairly sure that it's not there for those

That’s even more stupid than having it in the first place.

That’s even more stupid than having it in the first place.

Yes either have it in all matches or none - would have to be the latter (which is no bad thing) as the lower league grounds are not set up for it.

That’s what I meant, either all teams in the competition use it or none at all.
I think that's fair, but they are wedded to it being great so will use it whenever they can. They've said they want to use it in all 1/4 final games so have no idea how they'll do that if Rochdale for example make it

From the BBC...

Manchester United duo Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard were sent home from training this morning as manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tries to protect his squad ahead of Saturday's FA Cup tie.

In his news conference this morning, Solskjaer said a number of United players were suffering with illness but did not name them.

Lingard and Martial both arrived at United's Carrington training base around 10:00 GMT but left 15 minutes later after a brief chat with medical staff.

It is not known if either will be available for the game at Molineux. United are already without Paul Pogba, Scott McTominay, Eric Bailly, Axel Tuanzebe, Marcos Rojo and Timothy Fosu-Mensah.

That's a shame about Lingard, I was hoping he'd play.

Jota def out. Injured in the incident that led to the red card v Watford

Back