• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manager Hunt 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So called elite managers are more expensive than " normal" managers.

I think DW's point is that there are other potential managers in the same situation who he'd find more attractive. An ambitious manager will look at that squad and think he can take it to mid table and has already been told (whether he believes it is a different matter) that there will be money to spend next Summer. It's a more attractive job now than when Lopetegui took it on or after we sacked McCarthy for example, just not to those at the top tier or in comfortable positions
If any manager believed Shi/ Hobbs when they were told there'd be money to spend next summer than I have some magic beans to sell them.

The most cursory of glances on the internet will tell you that we're doing nothing and Shi moved the goalposts twice on Lop.

Will reserve judgement until I hear how shit they are from a load of people who didn't know they existed until they read this.
Ask yourself this.

If I told you at 3pm on Saturday just gone that despite the excellent performance vs Rennes, Lopetegui was definitely leaving, and between us we were trying to come up with 10 viable, acceptable replacements...do you think either of us would have seriously mentioned Gary O'Neil?

I doubt we would.

He's better than Lage, he's better than sticking Academy coaches in charge for weeks, he's not a Saunders style joke or a Pulis style neanderthal in terms of football, but he's way short of what I would expect a solvent (we think!) club entering their 6th successive PL season with a squad holding plenty of technically good players to appoint.

Will reserve judgement until I hear how shit they are from a load of people who didn't know they existed until they read this.
I know you're in a wumming mood atm but I'd be interested if YW has any opinions on these 2

Robson I knew of, didn’t do that well at Barnet as a manager but was in difficult circumstances. Got a good breadth of coaching experience for sure with numerous clubs and the FA.

Not heard of Jenkins

Apparently Jenkins worked as an analyst for Liverpool before working with their under 19s before then joining Bournemouth.

Ask yourself this.

If I told you at 3pm on Saturday just gone that despite the excellent performance vs Rennes, Lopetegui was definitely leaving, and between us we were trying to come up with 10 viable, acceptable replacements...do you think either of us would have seriously mentioned Gary O'Neil?

I doubt we would.

He's better than Lage, he's better than sticking Academy coaches in charge for weeks, he's not a Saunders style joke or a Pulis style neanderthal in terms of football, but he's way short of what I would expect a solvent (we think!) club entering their 6th successive PL season with a squad holding plenty of technically good players to appoint.

I certainly wouldn't. He wouldn't have even popped into my head as an option.

I know you're in a wumming mood atm but I'd be interested if YW has any opinions on these 2

You've got me.

Seriously though, I've asked my mate to get some intel. His cousin is West Ham's first team physio.

Not sure it'll be all that enlightening if he bothers to text me back.

Robson I knew of, didn’t do that well at Barnet as a manager but was in difficult circumstances. Got a good breadth of coaching experience for sure with numerous clubs and the FA.

Not heard of Jenkins
Thanks for some actual input young man.

You've got me.

Seriously though, I've asked my mate to get some intel. His cousin is West Ham's first team physio.

Not sure it'll be all that enlightening if he bothers to text me back.
It was only a light hearted jibe I think you realise.
Any actual info is welcome atm, all the ranting is making this old man a bit weary.😃

Players and managers both have performance records and reputations, but If you want to drill down then fine, strip the word player out of my question and answer it

How many full Bournemouth games have you watched, to come to opinion he's a shit manager?

I'd want to have seen at least 10-15 games first hand, along with seeing them with a team they have at least had a full preseason to implement their own style of play and bring in players that fit that style of play before I offered a proper opinion on them. That's just me though, I like to form an opinion not just parrot what other people say.

How many full Bournemouth games have you watched, to come to opinion he's a shit manager?

I'd want to have seen at least 10-15 games first hand, along with seeing them with a team they have at least had a full preseason to implement their own style of play and bring in players that fit that style of play before I offered a proper opinion on them. That's just me though, I like to form an opinion not just parrot what other people say.

Genuinely don't know where to go with this weird, patronising shit. Enjoy the contrarian hole you've dug for yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back