• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manager Hunt 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It's O'Neil.

Close this thread.

Plenty of candidates for us to discuss but it's GON so not a lot to say

Only the E&S and a IT'S O'NEIL headline can save us now

It’s probably all already done and embargoed. All the usual reporters hadn’t posted anything for 8 hours today and then on the dot all reported that he’d gone.

They’ll have typed up their reports already to roll in the morning*

*apart from PTS

Tell you what it’s remarkable how many fans of other teams think we’re absolutely nailed on for relegation even with Lopetegui. I know anything can happen over 38 games but I honestly don’t see our squad as significantly worse than anyone elses in the bottom half

Coukln`t see us getting anyone with a decent reputation anyway.

See here's your problem, straight away.

- Lose at Old Trafford (this was probably going to happen anyway)
- Lose at home to Brighton (they beat us 9-2 over the course of last season and we were lucky to get that close)

Then we face a Dyche team - never ever been our strong point - and O'Neil seems to set up extremely cautiously away from home, Bournemouth failed to score in 8 out of 17 away games under him, they won 1-0 at Molineux with one "shot" on target (not even a shot). You could easily see us coming unstuck 1-0 off a set piece.

And you're immediately under huge pressure, and not a single soul wanted you to start with. And our next two home games are Liverpool and Man City.

It's got all the hallmarks of a Rupert Lowe era Southampton appointment, with the same kind of shelflife.

I think the squad is ok (we need a bit more depth in some areas) but straight away you're hamstringing yourself with a shit, unpopular manager with another half page CV. How the FUCK are you not learning from the exact same mistake you made before? Only this time O'Neil won't get the benefit of the doubt that Dorkus Malorkus inexplicably got from some quarters.

Bafflingly awful management of a club, it defies belief. It's not even hard to foresee.

As I mentioned on the other thread, Ryan Mason is a young English coach who wants to be a manager and has taken charge of some PL games recently. He'd be a better bet.

There are better unemployed managers - from the seasoned (Favre) to the up and coming guy with a stellar playing career (Van Nistelrooy) to the caretaker-come-good that O'Neil wishes he was (Digard) to the point to prove man (Potter) to the safeish pair of hands (Hasenhüttl).

Binning someone who seems to have no ties to the place, causes trouble and never seems happy, I can go along with that. Especially as he hadn't put that much of a personal mark on the place, the quality is in the playing staff and I don't think many felt a strong connection with him. Bringing in someone who wouldn't be in the conversation for any other PL job is ridiculous. Just why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back