• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Must win matchday thread: Wigan (a)

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Wigan (A) Match Thread

Kuszczak; Iorfa, Ebanks-Landell, Stearman (c), Golbourne; Edwards, McDonald, Price, Sako; Afobe, Dicko

Subs: Flatt, Doherty, Henry, Doyle, van La Parra, Jacobs, Hause

Edwards on the right or that weird diamond we played vs Fulham, neither fill me with much confidence.

Teams are in.

Tommy K starts in goal. Ebanks-Landell in for the injured Batth. The rest as you were.

Must win is an understatement.

That's a disappointing team: wanted to see Hause get a chance at CB

We finally get Edwards out of the starting XI, win four games in a row, score plenty, get ourselves into the top six...as soon as we lose a game we default to picking him again and messing around with the whole balance of the side just to accomodate him. I really don't get it.

Depends how we set up, if Afobe up the middle, with Sako Left and Dicko right and a midfield 3 , think that could work. Dicko often pulls out wide right anyway, Iorfa and Golbourne are very able to provide extra width when required.

Nash reckons we're playing a midfield diamond.

Nash reckons we're playing a midfield diamond.

Indeed. Nash thinks Price is holding, Sako and Edwards the narrow wider players with K-Mac at the tip behind Afobe and Dicko. Weird.

Edwards on the right. Mick-tastic.

a102e564c6430646ce7e6f07b53fb661.jpg
in place come on u wolves

Not usually one to pant-wet before the match but that team selection has me truly nonplussed.

Who's going to score our 7 goals, today? An Edwards hat-trick, perhaps?

Twitter appears to be broke

Is Mr Parkin not here today?
Well if not, you just get bullshit from me then and anyone else who has a bit of a feed...

Wolves fans making a lot of noise, really seem to be having a good time with half a dozen Wiggin fans trying to match them.

Maclean wriggles inside the box and evades any Wolves defenders and with Kuszczak covering his near post Maclean shoots into the net..... the side net.

Back